Original Rettata thread

Zona

He started a forum for recipes instead.

I'm in the process of migrating all of the recipes from the old site onto the forum. Everyone should feel free to post their own recipes (try to stick to the format of the recipes already there -- it'll make it easier to turn into a PDF or print a book for fundraising as was discussed earlier).

And please reply to recipes you've tried with your comments, ratings, modifications, etc!

I should probably put the Rettata recipe up there and pin it, huh? :)

I'm in the process of migrating all of the recipes from the old site onto the forum. Everyone should feel free to post their own recipes (try to stick to the format of the recipes already there -- it'll make it easier to turn into a PDF or print a book for fundraising as was discussed earlier).

And please reply to recipes you've tried with your comments, ratings, modifications, etc!

If Retatta makes it into a book you do realize I get royalties don't you.

No kidding...I'm walking to lunch today, and I see a bar advertising a drink that's apparently made out of - I **** you not - Jameson and pickle juice. Apparently, it's called the "pickleback": http://www.liquorsnob.com/archives/2010/02/pickle_back_shot_jamesons_and_pickle_juice.php

Who knew that BF wasn't an idiot, he was just before his time? :wallbash:

No kidding...I'm walking to lunch today, and I see a bar advertising a drink that's apparently made out of - I **** you not - Jameson and pickle juice. Apparently, it's called the "pickleback": http://www.liquorsnob.com/archives/2010/02/pickle_back_shot_jamesons_and_pickle_juice.php

Sounds more like a hangover cure than a cause

Well if you're going to use pickle juice as and ingredient I might as well be in booze.

I doubt it. Nobody is willing to get up that early in the morning to begin all the complicated and laborious preparations.

You know for the fun it, I may do a rettata demonstration at the cook and see if once and for all it takes an hour to make

I doubt it. Nobody is willing to get up that early in the morning to begin all the complicated and laborious preparations.

Not really, I could make it here in CA, hop a plane, have it set up at the tailgate and BF would still be sucking the water out of each piece of macaroni.

Yep. You absolutely must pin the retatta recipe. Then ask SDS to link it back to AD's original post.

Setting myself up for torture here, but I tried this 3 weeks ago.

The one bar I frequent in Tucson is one own by a guy from Buffalo (its the Bills Backers bar here). Chuck Stopani is his name. Anyway, he told me about this shot. We didn't mix it, just shot Jameson and chase it with pickle juice. Shockingly not bad, although I enjoy Jameson in it's pure form. Apparently pickle juice is becoming the chaser or choice in certain places. (I've chased tequila with tomato juice, also not bad).