Winless?

Alaska Darin

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just a throw-away blurb written without any thought or analysis. I love how various media outlets are predicting the Bills to be the worst team in the league. It makes it easier for them to then say that the Bills are a "surprise" team when they go 7-9 or 8-8.

This is just a throw-away blurb written without any thought or analysis. I love how various media outlets are predicting the Bills to be the worst team in the league. It makes it easier for them to then say that the Bills are a "surprise" team when they go 7-9 or 8-8.

+1

I think much of the incredible negativity at the national level can be traced to our own local media buddies.

Do we have just 1 local media guy predicting anything more than 3 wins??? They are all like robots singing the same

tune - Buddy Nix was a bad hire - who is Chan Gailey? Why did we draft CJ Soiller? on and on and on...

National guys will always call the local media for their input - thus you get ESPN and Sports Ills claimong 2 win season...

I just don't understand the sentiment behind these ridiculous opinions. Bad QBs, bad tackles, no passing game, not much of a pass rush from the edges, we had ALL THESE SAME PROBLEMS last year and we went 6-10. Why would the team suddenly regress by 6 wins?

It's all the rage. We're "rebuilding". The pundits have to put somebody in the barrel so they can have their Cinderella teams like Cleveland, St. Louis, Detroit and KC winning more. I think our D may play more 4-3 this year than 3-4. They'll also do a bit of the Tampa 2-step. Schobel will be missed, but we're movin' on. I think the improvement in the level of coaching will be a wash (in terms of the W/L record) with respect to the normally expected setback of having players learn newly installed schemes and terminology. We could have a better record than those four teams already mentioned, plus Oakland, Denver, Seattle, Jacksonville at the least. Hell, we might do better than Pittsburgh, Washington, Miami and the JESTS.

I also want to take a moment here and personally thank the Commissioner, Mr. Roger Goodell for making the teams actually have to play the games for the entire season - including the playoffs before he awards the Lombardi Trophy to the season's champion.

Where would you rather be than right there, right then when the ESPN and SI pundits get into a hair-pulling, face-scratching, spit-throwing cat fight over who THEY would crown the NFL champion? I'd love to see stuttering Peter King have to use pancake makeup to hide his black eye and lipstick to cover his split lip for a few weeks. He might have trouble stuffing omelets down his pie hole for awhile too.

I personally think that people are going to be impressed with this year's squad and will realize what a terrible coach Jauron was - on so many levels. Chan will do what he can with what he has to put the team in a position to win. Whether they can or not, will be up to them. Jauron consistently kept the team from winning and left the Offense to wither on the vine. He was by far the worst HC we've had since Wade left... a complete disaster.

It's all the rage. We're "rebuilding". The pundits have to put somebody in the barrel so they can have their Cinderella teams like Cleveland, St. Louis, Detroit and KC winning more. I think our D may play more 4-3 this year than 3-4. They'll also do a bit of the Tampa 2-step. Schobel will be missed, but we're movin' on. I think the improvement in the level of coaching will be a wash (in terms of the W/L record) with respect to the normally expected setback of having players learn newly installed schemes and terminology. We could have a better record than those four teams already mentioned, plus Oakland, Denver, Seattle, Jacksonville at the least. Hell, we might do better than Pittsburgh, Washington, Miami and the JESTS.

I also want to take a moment here and personally thank the Commissioner, Mr. Roger Goodell for making the teams actually have to play the games for the entire season - including the playoffs before he awards the Lombardi Trophy to the season's champion.

Where would you rather be than right there, right then when the ESPN and SI pundits get into a hair-pulling, face-scratching, spit-throwing cat fight over who THEY would crown the NFL champion? I'd love to see stuttering Peter King have to use pancake makeup to hide his black eye and lipstick to cover his split lip for a few weeks. He might have trouble stuffing omelets down his pie hole for awhile too.

I personally think that people are going to be impressed with this year's squad and will realize what a terrible coach Jauron was - on so many levels. Chan will do what he can with what he has to put the team in a position to win. Whether they can or not, will be up to them. Jauron consistently kept the team from winning and left the Offense to wither on the vine. He was by far the worst HC we've had since Wade left... a complete disaster.

That, sir, is a well crafted rant. :lol:

I just don't understand the sentiment behind these ridiculous opinions. Bad QBs, bad tackles, no passing game, not much of a pass rush from the edges, we had ALL THESE SAME PROBLEMS last year and we went 6-10. Why would the team suddenly regress by 6 wins?

+1

They won't. There's no way. The run defense can't be any worse than last year, even with switching to a 3-4.

Add in Spiller, a real O-coordinator (head coach), and take away Jauron: they win 5-6 games I say.

Winless? that's just silly. This team has a good solid core of capable players and could have had a winning season LAST year but for injuries and the coaching soap opera that went on. If nothing else there is a HUGE improvement in game day coaching. Gailey has a track record as a very good on the field coach. That fact alone will win some games. Spiller is looking like a very very good running back with Lynch and Jackson behind him and a good middle of the offensive line we should be relatively scary at running which opens up passing opportunities. The tackles have to play like hell for us to have a winning season, but I for one am assuming they can.

The 3-4? A work in progress, but progress usually means improving as the season goes on.The defensive secondary seems to be pretty darn aggressive resulting in some defensive points off interceptions....The special teams still have Moorman and Lindell and should be good as they develop.

We are as likely to go winless as we are to have a perfect season. Let's get real...we are arguing between 5 and 9 wins with a very surprising result if we get less than 5 or more than 9.

Differences from last season--

Negatives--no Schobel or TO. New scheme on D. Other losses miniscule (Josh Reed, for ex.). Tougher schedule perhaps?

Positives--Gailey over Jauron, added Spiller and Troup, relatively more healthy (fingers crossed, but it would be tough to have more injuries than last year), added Edwards and Davis in FA, another year for our younger guys (Byrd, Wood, Levitre and Maybin all come to mind) and O-line to gel.

On balance, I'd say the team is better than last year by one to two wins, but the schedule may screw that up. My prediction 5-11 to 7-9, with possibilities of 4-12 or 8-8.....

I also read the King article (coincidentally on a flight back from LA yesterday) and he does indeed have us at 2-14. He also has the Steelers winning the Super Bowl (I predict they won't make the playoffs myself--the Ravens and Bengals will both finish better than they do.) As I said to my wife on the plane, "now remember, this is the guy who had Miami winning the Super Bowl the year they ended up 1-15"......

Peter King is horrible at predictions. I'm pretty positive his picks are about as good as garbage. I think the Bills will be anywhere to 3-8 wins. I don't see the Steelers winning a superbowl, don't think they'll be in the playoffs either. Ravens and Bengals will be better. I predict the North to go: Ravens, Bengals, Steelers, Browns