Comedian Robert Schimmel Dies After Car Accident

Just Jack

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Comedian Robert Schimmel died on Friday night in a Phoenix hospital from injuries he sustained in a car accident, his public relations firm said on Saturday.

Schimmel, 60, was a passenger in his 19-year-old daughter's car on August 26 when she lost control after swerving to avoid another accident on a Phoenix highway. The daughter was hospitalized, but is expected to recover. Schimmel's 11-year-old son was also a passenger in the car and was uninjured, according to media reports.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Comedian Robert Schimmel died on Friday night in a Phoenix hospital from injuries he sustained in a car accident, his public relations firm said on Saturday.

Schimmel, 60, was a passenger in his 19-year-old daughter's car on August 26 when she lost control after swerving to avoid another accident on a Phoenix highway. The daughter was hospitalized, but is expected to recover. Schimmel's 11-year-old son was also a passenger in the car and was uninjured, according to media reports.

That sucks! RIP. :(

he was so funny, and the ironic(and sad) thing about this is that it was an accident with his daughter, i can't remember completely, but he either fell out of his daughters life and got back in or his daughter has something big to do with his career, I just recall hearing stories on stern about his relationship with her...course i could be completely wrong, but man was he a funny guy!

DAMMIT,man....this guy was hilarious! And I always got the impression he was a really good father, too. I remember him talking about his daughter in his routines. This is very sad....60 is too damn young!

We'll miss ya, man....the good Lord will be laughing his holy butt off, that's for sure!

I remember hearing a great interview with him and Shred and Ragan a year or two ago where he was talking about all he's learned from his cancer scare. It just figures that he winds up in an accident like this.

he did an interesting podcast with adam carolla last year - lived an interesting life...

http://www.adamcarolla.com/ACPBlog/2009/10/08/adam-and-robert-schimmel/

I heard that one the day it was on (I listen every day - it is awesome)....Somebody mentioned his daughter - I don't know if this is the same one, but he actually married his daughter's friend.......and then on that podcast he talks about her cheating on him, and all the crap he went thru with her.......and, he talked alot about his cancer.......When I heard he died, I figured for sure it was his cancer....Seems crazy that he lived thru all that and then died in car accident when he wasn't even driving.