To All of You Waiver Shoppers...

BillsPhan

I'm not even thinking about improvements over what they have. I'm talking about just fielding a full team on Sunday. The numbers do not make sense. How can they go into the regular season with only 8 offensive lineman and one is Wang who has not played a down yet? Couple injuries and what do they do? How can you win like that? Only two TE's? One can't catch a cold. Yet, they kept 6 safety's. SIX! Maybe a couple of them can play TE.

What he said. The numbers just don't make sense. Everyone has talked about trading Lynch. Trade Whitner to Baltimore or some other team in need of a safety. Cut one of the Harris' and add an OT today.

As I read these posts about veterans who have been cut from other teams, that could help the Bills, I have to laugh. :w00t: How many expensive veteran free agents does Wilson/Brandon/Nix have to ignore or get out-bidded for, before you people accept the reality of Ralph Wilson's "Cash to Cap" budget? :doh:

Number one: please forget about any good vets with years of starting football in front of them getting signed by Buffalo over the next few days to few months. If they were let go because of their salaries and their being younger good less expensive players ready to take their places, why on earth do you think Wilson would pay them what they are still worth today?? Good example: The Steelers starting center that was cut. Oh sure, Nix might start a rumor the Bills are interested, and in fact they may even bring him in for a visit. But we all know he'll pick another team that will of course offer him more money. Or more realistically, Nix won't mention a word about bringing him in at all, despite the fact Hangartner is a goodt back up center, but average at best, starting center in the NFL.

So sure, the Bills might bring in some guys cut from other teams, but I for one will be shocked if any of them have more then one - two years tops - of NFL experience at their respective positions. :thumbdown: Sorry, but in my humble opinion, those are the marching orders for as long as Wilson lives - keep the team at the exact "cash to cap" budget, whatever that is.

Which roster cut do you want the Bills to sign (regardless of whether they do it or not)?

Rebuilding with this Foschi guy, you have to be kidding me.

Foschi has an adequate NFL resume - don't get too focused on his game from hell against Detroit - he was probably rusty as heck - he did get batter later on in the game, and besides, he was an emergency add with all the injuries at TE.

C'mon, make more sense than that if you want to complain about something.

It's not the money! The reason none of these veteran players will come here is because they can choose which team to sign with & at this point in their careers, they want to sign with a contender, not a rebuilding team. Another reason from the Bills side and once again it's not about the money: why sign a stopgap veteran during a rebuilding year when you need to develop young players? IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BILLS BEING CHEAP!!!!!!

I would think they would want to sign anywhere they can get a paycheck. Its not like most of these players have teams beating down their doors

Foschi has an adequate NFL resume - don't get too focused on his game from hell against Detroit - he was probably rusty as heck - he did get batter later on in the game, and besides, he was an emergency add with all the injuries at TE.

C'mon, make more sense than that if you want to complain about something.

Whoops. Foschi axed for David Martin. Does that make any sense?

As for the original post -- two FA pickups to address need areas. Whoops again.

As I read these posts about veterans who have been cut from other teams, that could help the Bills, I have to laugh. :w00t: How many expensive veteran free agents does Wilson/Brandon/Nix have to ignore or get out-bidded for, before you people accept the reality of Ralph Wilson's "Cash to Cap" budget? :doh:

Number one: please forget about any good vets with years of starting football in front of them getting signed by Buffalo over the next few days to few months. If they were let go because of their salaries and their being younger good less expensive players ready to take their places, why on earth do you think Wilson would pay them what they are still worth today?? Good example: The Steelers starting center that was cut. Oh sure, Nix might start a rumor the Bills are interested, and in fact they may even bring him in for a visit. But we all know he'll pick another team that will of course offer him more money. Or more realistically, Nix won't mention a word about bringing him in at all, despite the fact Hangartner is a goodt back up center, but average at best, starting center in the NFL.

So sure, the Bills might bring in some guys cut from other teams, but I for one will be shocked if any of them have more then one - two years tops - of NFL experience at their respective positions. :thumbdown: Sorry, but in my humble opinion, those are the marching orders for as long as Wilson lives - keep the team at the exact "cash to cap" budget, whatever that is.

Nix upgraded the two positions in most need, G/C and TE. We now have a decent veteran backup at G/C and a TE that can block and help our OT's.

Your idea that Nix would bring people in for show and then not sign them was childish. It show how far people will go to criticize.

Guess you cash to cap theory was wrong. BTW - There is no cap and the Bills are below last years cap.

I don't think money is the issue at this point. We did sign a tight end and an offensive lineman...good choices. If there is a good 3-4 outside linebacker out there I think we'd be interested. I'm happy with the two moves we made on the waiver wire, and am confident that the FO will pull the trigger and get another player or two if they think they can help us.

:thumbsup:

It's not the money! The reason none of these veteran players will come here is because they can choose which team to sign with & at this point in their careers, they want to sign with a contender, not a rebuilding team. Another reason from the Bills side and once again it's not about the money: why sign a stopgap veteran during a rebuilding year when you need to develop young players? IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BILLS BEING CHEAP!!!!!!

:thumbsup: I so agree ... the Bills are not the Redskins but do we really want to be a team that wastes so much money on over the hill players who don't contribute.

The only player I can think of that I regret losing was Pat Williams and there may have been some owner-agent ego battles going on there.

Maybe it's the Labor Day holiday or the lack of coffee but right now I am struggling to think of two or three players we lost out on because of Ralph being cheap. I mean players who would have turned this team around, been team players who would have energized the entire line-up and the fan base. I not talking about those who did it all for themselves were self-centered egotists willing to negatively impact their team for the sake of another million ... and I am also talking about players whose FA salary demands would not cause the rest of their new team to wonder why not them.

We watched Nate Odoms get an obscene salary that wasn't worth matching and Antoine Winfield too but as we have seen ... the Bills secondary didn't lose many steps while losing those two quality players.

So, name the names my friends ... the players who would have helped the Bills ... been willing to come to Buffalo for whatever sky high salary you think Ralph should have paid ... would have given us numerous Lombardi's.

Right now I think we finally have two elements that will bring the playoff's back to town ... Nix and Gailey. Their success will be what brings players to town or keeps them.

But, let's stop making up tales of woe ... which millionaire owner is not 'cheap' demanding things of the city's their teams are in. Just look at the successful Minnesota Viking franchise. They have a fan base the loves them. They have a dome stadium that is not falling apart but their owner is demanding that a new stadium gets built downtown or he will move his investment elsewhere. In Philadelphia the owner cried like a poor baby until he got his new publically financed stadium ... and we could go on and on.

GO BILLS ... Ralph is paying MILLIONS to these players ... if we lose then his first round picks cost him even more ...

Whoops. Foschi axed for David Martin. Does that make any sense?

As for the original post -- two FA pickups to address need areas. Whoops again.

Foschi's concrete hands sealed his fate ... all he had to do was catch the ball in practice and in Detroit .. then he'd be on the payroll.