RB situation

missthe kgun

Maybe its just me, but watching Bell and Simpson in the pre-season, made me think that at least one of them would make the roster.

Simpson has ST value, and Bell looked to be a beast.

In my opinion if we were not going to carry 4 RB...We shoul've kept Bell and traded Lynch which should've been done. I was never a big Lynch fan to begin with and all of his off the field issues didn't make his case any better. I mean the claims to gp into beast mode, but it has alway looked like dance mode to me!!!

What do you guys think?

Maybe its just me, but watching Bell and Simpson in the pre-season, made me think that at least one of them would make the roster.

In my opinion if we were not going to carry 4 RB...We shoul've kept Bell and traded Lynch which should've been done. I was never a big Lynch fan to begin with and all of his off the field issues didn't make his case any better. I mean the claims to gp into beast mode, but it has alway looked like dance mode to me!!!

What do you guys think?

I could not agree more.

I loved the running of Simpson, and Bell looked worth retaining.

Lynch, IMO, has had his wheels fall off the cart. I'd trade his butt out of town, and keep 4 RB's- Jackson, Spiller, Bell and Simpson. I'd love to get a TE or a LT for Lynch.

this has been debated over and over. Lynch is a more accomplished back that Bell and Simpson and he brings a different running style than Spiller and Jackson. The 3 of them perfectly compliment each other. Bell and Simpson looked good in preseason, but were not going to get carries if we kept 4 and the Bills were not interested in trading Lynch, nor would they have gotten reasonable value if they did try to trade him. Be happy that we have three good backs on the roster and hopefully Bell on the PS.

The other side of this is that every back we played seemed to get pretty good results, which seems to indicate that we are getting solid run blocking from the offense. That is a positive we can take forward into the season.

Maddogg...I dont see where Lynch brings something that Fred Jack doesn't.

My bad yes I do....He has a track record of finding trouble.

Please tell me besises that what he can do that Jack cant.

And Bell didnt just run well behind the line, he ripped off big runs

I think you're dead on. Bell, much like Jackson, is good at seeing the angles and using his blockers and slight body moves to create open lanes. Lynch is just a guy with the physical abilities to excel IF he knew how to use them, which he doesn't.

I would like to have kept Bell but this tells me a few things:

1) they think they can keep him on the PS

1a) RBs are a dime a dozen in the league. Most teams probably have somebody they like at the position and are struggling to pare down their own rosters

2) The 3 RBs and McIntyre are going to be fighting for touches as it is

3) Bell and Simpson didn't excel enough on STs to help the team win now, a phrase Gailey uttered several times

The way injuries go (and have already gone), it would surprise me very little to see Bell on the PS and then on the 53-man at some point during the season. It'd be nice to go into 2011 knowing there are four interesting backs to choose from, and perhaps through injury or stellar performance-in-2010-and-then-trade, they'll end up needing Joique.

Im glad we have some true football people in here and not just Madden Gamers!!!

What is wrong with people on this board? We constantly see people who want to trade veterans for rookies, cut players, or undrafted Free Agents. do you guys really want to be in a constant rebuilding phase?

Lynch is a pro bowl running back who has a few 1000 yard seasons on his belt with crappy olines both years. You don't trade that for peanuts or cut them for Simpson who has been a journeyman RB or Bell who went undrafted and did well against 3rd string defenses. News flash Lynch played against starters.

You really need to get rid of your haterid for Lynch because he got suspended last year. Do you dislike Nelson as well? Maybe he should be cut or traded for a 7th round draft pick and a box of donuts.

Sorry kid but you dont' know anything about football. i bet you own Madden.

I agree Bell will likely go to the PS, but I was really impressed with Simpson. He didn't deserve to go.

PTR

+1

They may figure that Bell has more upsiade, being a rookie, and that they had a decent chance to get him on the PS, but I really liked Simpson.

What is wrong with people on this board? We constantly see people who want to trade veterans for rookies, cut players, or undrafted Free Agents. do you guys really want to be in a constant rebuilding phase?

Lynch is a pro bowl running back who has a few 1000 yard seasons on his belt with crappy olines both years. You don't trade that for peanuts or cut them for Simpson who has been a journeyman RB or Bell who went undrafted and did well against 3rd string defenses. News flash Lynch played against starters.

You really need to get rid of your haterid for Lynch because he got suspended last year. Do you dislike Nelson as well? Maybe he should be cut or traded for a 7th round draft pick and a box of donuts.

Saying that Bell ran against third stringers means nothing, because he was laso running behind a 3rd string o line, on a team that doesnt have a good 1st string line...

and by the way, I do not own the new Madden because it sucked just as much as your logic!!!

And oh yeah... A few means 3 not 2 BOZO!!!

What do you guys think?

Yeah, Lynch is street tough and brawls as he dances left and right...but I don't see him gaining many yards..maybe 2 or 3 typically. Lynch also has a difficult time breaking any long runs and even when he does he gets caught from behind. I'll take Fred Jackson, and Joique Bell anyday over Lynch. I also think that Lynch is bad for chemistry and team morale. I think he brings out the worst qualities in some of the other players! Pretty much a punk if you ask me, both on the streets of Buffalo and in the game as well. I just wish he was gone, and I think in the end he will be gone! either by getting a major suspension, getting into more legal trouble, making demands that the team won't grant, whatever....Lynch do us all a favor and go back to CALI !!!!

Saying that Bell ran against third stringers means nothing, because he was laso running behind a 3rd string o line, on a team that doesnt have a good 1st string line...

and by the way, I do not own the new Madden because it sucked just as much as your logic!!!

And oh yeah... A few means 3 not 2 BOZO!!!

You want to get rid of a RB who ran for 1000 2x behind a weak offensive line, 24 years old and having two years left on a reasonable contract because he got suspended last year, you don't like him and a free agent pick up and rookie looked good (they did do well) going against back ups? You don't have any room to talk about logic. You make no sense whatsoever. You are entitled to not make sense, but what you say makes no sense. I thought they should have kept Bell and if they kept Simpson put Bell on the PS which is probably what will happen for him anyway.

No need to trade Lynch for what would amount to peanuts. He's a good player.

Edited by purple haze

3) Bell and Simpson didn't excel enough on STs to help the team win now, a phrase Gailey uttered several times

This.

Also, how good were Bell and Simpson at blocking, particularly recognizing and picking up blitzes? I ask because I don't know. But I do know that every year there are running backs who rip off huge gains in preseason and then get cut because they can't block or, worse, aren't smart enough to know how. Remember Anthony Gray?

You want to get rid of a RB who ran for 1000 2x behind a weak offensive line, 24 years old and having two years left on a reasonable contract because he got suspended last year, you don't like him and a free agent pick up and rookie looked good (they did do well) going against back ups? You don't have any room to talk about logic. You make no sense whatsoever. You are entitled to not make sense, but what you say makes no sense. I thought they should have kept Bell and if they kept Simpson put Bell on the PS which is probably what will happen for him anyway.

No need to trade Lynch for what would amount to peanuts. He's a good player.

You cant downplay Bell for running against backups dude.

As i Stated, he was also running behind backups to guys who arent supposed to be that good.

I mean, Lynch ran behind bad starters yes he did, but Bell was running behind guys that were backing up bad starters!!!