OK to carry a gun in North Carolina

How about a non-conner like argument?

This is a thinly veiled attempt at either:

1a. Getting NC State Democrats on record as voting to make this executive order a law...so the Republicans can tear them a new ass with it in the coming elections.

1b. If they can't get a vote, nailing Democrats for blocking the measure, and not at least allowing a vote, will be just as devastating. So, the Democrats are now damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

2. Landing a punch on a Democratic governor who is not up for re-election this time. The thinking being that people will remember this when she is, because it is tied to a hurricane scare.

Or, some combination of all 3. Common sense says you don't restrict gun rights in situations that have the highest propensity for looting and home invasion. In all cases, this costs the Republicans nothing, and, if played properly, can be significantly useful. It's an unforced error, and these keep happening due to Democrat's reliance on retarded ideology.

This is another example of Democrat's self-inflicted wounds. Again, they continue to be their own worst enemies. Clearly, current Democrats are not "smarter" than anybody, and they keep reinforcing that conclusion almost on a daily basis. :D

How about a non-conner like argument?

This is a thinly veiled attempt at either:

1a. Getting NC State Democrats on record as voting to make this executive order a law...so the Republicans can tear them a new ass with it in the coming elections.

1b. If they can't get a vote, nailing Democrats for blocking the measure, and not at least allowing a vote, will be just as devastating. So, the Democrats are now damned if they do, and damned if they don't.2. Landing a punch on a Democratic governor who is not up for re-election this time. The thinking being that people will remember this when she is, because it is tied to a hurricane scare.

Or, some combination of all 3. Common sense says you don't restrict gun rights in situations that have the highest propensity for looting and home invasion. In all cases, this costs the Republicans nothing, and, if played properly, can be significantly useful. It's an unforced error, and these keep happening due to Democrat's reliance on retarded ideology.

This is another example of Democrat's self-inflicted wounds. Again, they continue to be their own worst enemies. Clearly, current Democrats are not "smarter" than anybody, and they keep reinforcing that conclusion almost on a daily basis. :D

I think thats history-

Despite support from the states primary gun group, Grass Roots North Carolina*, and others the bill died when it was denied a committee hearing by Democrat leadership, including Speaker Joe Hackney (D-Chatham, Moore, Orange) House Majority Leader Hugh Holliman (D-Davidson) and Judiciary Committee Chairman Representative Ronnie Sutton (D-Robeson).

The issue became more urgent in February, when the town of King declared a state of emergency in response to an impending snowstorm and posted the entire town against the sale and purchase of firearms and ammunition.

In response, GRNC worked with Rep. Mark Hilton (R-Catawba) to revamp the bill and introduce it again, with stronger language on the state of emergency issue, during the second year of the legislatures two-year session as HB 2031. Referred to the House Judiciary I Committee, chaired by anti-gun Rep. Deborah Ross, that bill too died when Democrats denied it a hearing.

The Dems have already done that. The GOP tried to alter the bill months ago and the Dems shoved it under the table. This is a good time to be a Republican-no need to campaign, just sit and watch your opponent set their hair on fire.

Realy all the Governor did was declare a state of emergency. That kicked in a no gun statute already on the books.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

:rolleyes: Did the mujaheddin roll in with the hurricane? The police looked ridiculous with their weapons drawn, what a bunch of homers.

"Just following orders". The real problem is the law that allows, no DEMANDS this be done by LEO/military whose time I am sure would be better spent doing something besides rounding up law abiding citizens.

Can you make sense of this?

I would like even a Conner like argument to tell me why Banning [legal] guns in a state of emergency can be justified.

I cannot wait for the we know what's best for you Democrats to be gone.

Since my name was mentioned...

To be clear, there are a few things I differ with mainstream Democrats with. Gun laws are one such item. I own guns, and I think it's one of our most fundamentally important rights that citizens be able to own/carry firearms.

Taking away the right to carry a weapon at the point when you would need it most kind of defeats the purpose of being able to carry a weapon.

Since my name was mentioned...

To be clear, there are a few things I differ with mainstream Democrats with. Gun laws are one such item. I own guns, and I think it's one of our most fundamentally important rights that citizens be able to own/carry firearms.

Taking away the right to carry a weapon at the point when you would need it most kind of defeats the purpose of being able to carry a weapon.

And a monkey has finally typed "War and Peace".

Clearly, current Democrats are not "smarter" than anybody, and they keep reinforcing that conclusion almost on a daily basis. :D

After many years of observation, I have found that the party in power is almost always the "not smarter" party.

As far as the ruling, it's just another example of arrogant lawmakers thinking they are above the democratic processs and deciding they can change laws by the stroke of a pen. It's happening everywhere and for some reason, voters refuse to hold them accountable.

It's funny how the self proclaimed 'progressives' don't seem to be outraged by this sort of thing anymore.

After many years of observation, I have found that the party in power is almost always the "not smarter" party.

As far as the ruling, it's just another example of arrogant lawmakers thinking they are above the democratic processs and deciding they can change laws by the stroke of a pen. It's happening everywhere and for some reason, voters refuse to hold them accountable.

It's funny how the self proclaimed 'progressives' don't seem to be outraged by this sort of thing anymore.

Oh no. Uh-uh. The "progressives" have been telling themselves and anyone who will listen that they are smarter than everybody else by virtue of simply being progressives, and that has been going on since Woodrow Wilson. The far left Democrats have thrown in belief in Global WarmingTM as a phony intelligence test and have been telling everyone that if you aren't in lock step with their religion, you either have to be ignorant or stupid.

This has been going on for years. And now, finally, with the Pres/Congress in hand, and given the golden opportunity to demonstrate their supposed superior intelligence? We get "cops acted stupidly", "we have to pass the bill so we can see what's in it", "the war is lost...but now that Obama is president, the war is...un-lost", and the cavalcade of unforced errors we have seen. Not to mention the awful policies and laws that have come from these people.

So, no, sorry, this was their big chance to demonstrate the intelligence they have claimed to have for years. Instead, we see now that they are no more smarter or open minded or about "working the problem" than the religious right.