Flugtag tomorrow in the Philly area...

The Poojer

it was more that MLB put the kibosh on it. They adapted and overcame though. That team put trashbags over their contraption to 'hide' the phanatic stuff...they changed their name to Philly Censored or something to that effect. It was a pretty good time. We stayed on the Penns Landing side of the river and watched it from big screens. There were tons of people both on our side and on the camden side. funny thing was that it was a breezy day and the wind delayed some of the 'flights'....trust me aerodynamics isn't an issue in these events...its all about gravity. it was a lot of fun seeing this in person. and hell, its free...can't beat that.

Phillies put a kibosh on things.

Looks like fun thing to go to though. Pooj - give us a full report when you're back, will ya?

I was there yesterday with 4 other people. We were on the Camden side and took a cab over the BF Bridge. It was a pretty big shiiteshow. The first couple were fun, but then it became pretty redundant and every competitor seemed to do the same exact thing, which was just push a manmade object into the Delaware River.

The Red Bull Soap Box Race they had in Manayunk 2 years ago was way better. Even though it was pouring, the innovation factor was better, and the possibility to see someone do some real damage to themselves was higher.

We had fun though. Met some really cool people and you couldn't ask for a better day weather wise. If they do it again next year, I'm viewing it from the Ben Franklin Bridge. Seems to be the most optimal place to see it.

Edited by Touchdown Jesus