Pittsburgh looking to trade Hartwig

Maddog69

I see that Pittsburgh is allowing Justin Hartwig to seek a trade.

Since Pitt is pretty thin at QB right now, is it possible we could send them Fitz for Hartwig?

Their salaries offset. The move allows Pittsburgh to get rid of Hartwig and pick up a QB who is capable of playing a few games while Pig Ben servies his time out. It also gives the Bills some much needed depth on OL. Hartwig is a decent C and can back up at G. You could also plug him in a C and have Hangartner backing up at G (a spot he played earlier in his career).

Seems like it would make some sense for both teams.

Since Pitt is pretty thin at QB right now, is it possible we could send them Fitz for Hartwig?

Their salaries offset. The move allows Pittsburgh to get rid of Hartwig and pick up a QB who is capable of playing a few games while Pig Ben servies his time out. It also gives the Bills some much needed depth on OL. Hartwig is a decent C and can back up at G. You could also plug him in a C and have Hangartner backing up at G (a spot he played earlier in his career).

They aren't thin at QB unless Dixon and Batch get hurt in the first two weeks. They are surely not going to trade for Fitz when they have two guys who are better than him right now in Dixon and Leftwich who is out 2-4 weeks. Batch is probably at least as good as Fitz and he's their fourth.

They aren't thin at QB unless Dixon and Batch get hurt in the first two weeks. They are surely not going to trade for Fitz when they have two guys who are better than him right now in Dixon and Leftwich who is out 2-4 weeks. Batch is probably at least as good as Fitz and he's their fourth.

You are probably right. I just figured Fitz is no worse than Leftwich and he was going to be starting, right ?

It's just a thought. I'd love to see the Bills get Hartwig. AZ just traded Reggie Wells to Phi for a 6th. I would guess that would be fair for Hartwig. I would be good with that.

Fitz is not going anywhere. Brohm and Brown haven't shown enough for Gailey to get rid of Fitz due to past injury concerns of Edwards. Our OL is still the weak link and it is likely to get Edwards hurt.

Hartwig is a good center, but a rookie center has outplayed him. He will be a good backup, but we really need backup Tackle.

Batch has had one snap in three seasons and played 4 games in 7 seasons. Dixon has played exactly one game in two seasons. I would definitely call it thin at that position

Fitz is not going anywhere. Brohm and Brown haven't shown enough for Gailey to get rid of Fitz due to past injury concerns of Edwards. Our OL is still the weak link and it is likely to get Edwards hurt.

Hartwig is a good center, but a rookie center has outplayed him. He will be a good backup, but we really need backup Tackle.

Batch has had one snap in three seasons and played 4 games in 7 seasons. Dixon has played exactly one game in two seasons. I would definitely call it thin at that position

Batch has been there for seven seasons because he is a very good back-up. Dixon is one of the most intriguing young QBs in the league. If he was in the Bills camp this year, IMO he would have beat out Trent and has a lot more upside. The guy is super talented and would have been a very high draft pick had he not had a bad injury his last year in college. He's a stud as a prospect, regardless of his two picks in his last game.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

Batch has been there for seven seasons because he is a very good back-up. Dixon is one of the most intriguing young QBs in the league. If he was in the Bills camp this year, IMO he would have beat out Trent and has a lot more upside. The guy is super talented and would have been a very high draft pick had he not had a bad injury his last year in college. He's a stud as a prospect, regardless of his two picks in his last game.

Agreed on Dixon.

What I don't get is how Dixon fell so far in the draft; what was he--a 6th rounder? When I saw him play at Oregon (pre-injury), I remember thinking that this kid was going to be a top-10 pick. It's strange that more teams didn't try to snag him earlier in the draft.