Use the Chat room NOT the Shout Box for the game...

SDS

Last game the discussion was too disjointed with 1/3 of the people using a thread, 1/3 in the shout box and 1/3 in the chat room. Let's try and get everyone to use the proper tool for game time discussion - the chat room.

Thanks...

What is the Shout box for?

Where is the chat room? Can't find the buton.

There are also those who can't get into the chat rooms due to various restrictions at work. I know we have some members in the military who are deployed and count on board and thread as their only real info on the game. Just food for thought.

What is the Shout box for?

Where is the chat room? Can't find the buton.

Along the top ribbon, just below the helmet.

Edited by Faustus

Another issue with the chat room is that it's, if not impossible, at least harder to use with mobile phones. Please bring back the game thread -- it's how many of us follow the game when we're forced to be out and about. As others have said, it's also easier to go back in the thread and see what happened earlier (and what was said about it).

Edited by BRH

not to pile on, but i was wondering about the game threads last night as well.

IMO, the thread is the best way to go because the entire discussion is documented. it's like a reviewable play-by-play, so those of us who are out of town or maybe not watching the game can follow along.

definitely prefer the stickied thread over anything else.

as always, thank you SDS for the job well done here.

My issue with the chat room is that in order to follow the discussion you cannot be following the actual game. I like to review the thread during long commercials, halftime etc.

this ^^

The other problem with the chat room is that it only shows like the last hour of conversation... i wanted to check in and see what was going on at the beginning of the game last night and couldn't because it only went back to 8:30 when i looked.

and this^^

+2

Please go back to the thread and maybe lock the shoutbox and chat room during games. As other posters have mentioned

1) You can't use the chat with mobile phones

2) Can't go back to see what people said about earlier plays

3) I agree that it's fun to go back and read fans' hysterical rants when we're down 7-0 after the first quarter and then seeing them turn back after we're up 21-7 at the half. The rollercoaster is funny.

Please go back to the thread and maybe lock the shoutbox and chat room during games. As other posters have mentioned

1) You can't use the chat with mobile phones

2) Can't go back to see what people said about earlier plays

3) I agree that it's fun to go back and read fans' hysterical rants when we're down 7-0 after the first quarter and then seeing them turn back after we're up 21-7 at the half. The rollercoaster is funny.

Right. Moments like when Mr. Weo says "Game Over" against New England on MNF last year need to stay documented:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/95773-official-gameday-thread/page__view__findpost__p__1552120

Or his retort in defense of that post "Have some faith, Heidi. Sheesh, you guys are intense pu**ies."

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/95773-official-gameday-thread/page__view__findpost__p__1552194

These are moments that get lost in the ethereal nature of the Chat Rooms.

Edited by Peace

This.

Same thing over in the Harbor Club. I hope the Sabres' game threads never go away either.

i thought the chat room was a cool feature during the cinci game.

everyone defending the game threads is spot on. i like to read them the next day, or in the evening after the game. once in a while there's some interesting tidbits i didn't pick up on while watching the game (like who missed an assignment, who blew their coverage, who made a crucial block, etc.).

The game thread is especially helpful in putting the pieces back together after home games where alcohol consumption may have altered or obliterated certain memories.

and finally, the shout box is useless during the games, since we now have the chat feature.

PS SDS- you do a great job, and i love the new board

PS SDS- you do a great job, and i love the new board

+ to this. The new site is great and the features are amazing. But bring back our game threads, I love them so...

As for the chat room, any way we can get some scheduled chats? Maybe "An Evening with John Wawrow" or themed topics like: "Discuss the QB situation at 7:30 pm" It would be so cool if you could line up sportswriters or even Bills alumni (like Die Hard). Just a thought and I don't want to add more work to you.

Keep up the great work!

I don't sit online during most of the Bills' games, so I guess this topic doesn't really matter to me. I do like the gameday threads on those occasions when I happen to stop by.

That said, I think Scott does a great job and every decision he makes with respect to TSW is absolutely perfect; I would never think of complaining.

+ to this. The new site is great and the features are amazing. But bring back our game threads, I love them so...

As for the chat room, any way we can get some scheduled chats? Maybe "An Evening with John Wawrow" or themed topics like: "Discuss the QB situation at 7:30 pm" It would be so cool if you could line up sportswriters or even Bills alumni (like Die Hard). Just a thought and I don't want to add more work to you.

Keep up the great work!

I'm thinking, since the chat room is always open (I think) we could probably schedule the chats ourselves. If someone knows a person who would make a good subject, couldn't they invite him/her and schedule the chat on The Stadium Wall? Just a thought.

Of course, some of the venerable members of the board might want to host a chat. I can see it now:

DC Tom invites you to the chat room for an evening of insults.

The Chef chats about food, and how freaking bad everything you like really is.

Darrin hosts a night of calling you a pinhead.

The Dean chats with you about how much of a moron you are.

I don't sit online during most of the Bills' games, so I guess this topic doesn't really matter to me. I do like the gameday threads on those occasions when I happen to stop by.

That said, I think Scott does a great job and every decision he makes with respect to TSW is absolutely perfect; I would never think of complaining.

:worthy: :worthy:

Thanks, I needed that today. :lol:

I'm thinking, since the chat room is always open (I think) we could probably schedule the chats ourselves. If someone knows a person who would make a good subject, couldn't they invite him/her and schedule the chat on The Stadium Wall? Just a thought.

Of course, some of the venerable members of the board might want to host a chat. I can see it now:

DC Tom invites you to the chat room for an evening of insults.

The Chef chats about food, and how freaking bad everything you like really is.

Darrin hosts a night of calling you a pinhead.

The Dean chats with you about how much of a moron you are.

I can't wait for Deep Voice's chat:

Poster #1 "Do you think Spiller will be the starting RB?"

Deep Voice "YEA"

Poster #2 "Will Hardy make the team?"

Deep Voice "YEA"

Poster #3 "How do you think Trent will do in the regular season?"

Deep Voice "YEA"

I can't wait for Deep Voice's chat:

Poster #1 "Do you think Spiller will be the starting RB?"

Deep Voice "YEA"

Poster #2 "Will Hardy make the team?"

Deep Voice "YEA"

Poster #3 "How do you think Trent will do in the regular season?"

Deep Voice "YEA"

Outstanding!

As for the chat room, any way we can get some scheduled chats? Maybe "An Evening with John Wawrow"

Please schedule that one for 2am for maximum effect.

Or if two people want to go.....it could be the online equivalent of asking someone to step outside. :lol:

I like the chat room assuming someone is doing PBP, but there needs to be a gameday thread.