Global Warming

3rdnlng

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody get's their information from somewhere. I'll assume you went to Greenland and measured ice core temperature and C02 levels yourself.

Will you stop being a !@#$ing idiot for just ONE post?

The data is available. Anyone can get it, and analyze it. I assume you haven't any more than Bluesky has. So shut the !@#$ up, moron.

Actually, it means the research is bad.

And again, that's been my point...the research has been truncated (for lack of a better word) by this fiction that "consensus" is a valid scientific principle, thereby resulting in incomplete research and bad science. I've never said global warming isn't happening, I've never even said it's not anthropogenic. I've said the science is bad.

Children like conner simply don't twig to the distinction.

Thankfully the scientific process should eventually weed out the bad research and give us an accurate picture of what's happening.

And again, that's been my point...the research has been truncated (for lack of a better word) by this fiction that "consensus" is a valid scientific principle, thereby resulting in incomplete research and bad science. I've never said global warming isn't happening, I've never even said it's not anthropogenic. I've said the science is bad.

I will back Tom up on that. He has been extremely consistent in that point.

The same thing can be said about the Theory of Gravity.

Thankfully the scientific process should eventually weed out the bad research and give us an accurate picture of what's happening.

NOT WHEN IT'S NOT BEING FOLLOWED.

Which - again - is my point. When you're suppressing contrary research with the excuse "But we have a consensus", the research isn't honest. And that is being done - I've mentioned examples of it before.

Everybody get's their information from somewhere. I'll assume you went to Greenland and measured ice core temperature and C02 levels yourself.

I agree with Tom, the science is bad, and incomplete for that matter. Should we take better care of mother earth, damn right we should.

As far as measuring temperatures goes, some of those locations for that are freaking hillarious.

The data is available. Anyone can get it, and analyze it. I assume you haven't any more than Bluesky has. So shut the !@#$ up, moron.

I think that is my point. We all get our information from 2nd degree sources. I for one place a good degree of trust in the scientific consensus. Since we all have to rely on someone, why not rely on the guys who have to defend their position with the strongest factual data (as opposed to the most money or loudest voice)/

NOT WHEN IT'S NOT BEING FOLLOWED.

Which - again - is my point. When you're suppressing contrary research with the excuse "But we have a consensus", the research isn't honest. And that is being done - I've mentioned examples of it before.

It's obviously not going to happen overnight. My belief is that "what is" will eventually win out. I am well aware of your skepticism on that point.

Actually, no it can't.

I'd explain why to you...but as I said, the distinction's completely lost on you. Now run along and eat some paste.

I think that there are several on this board that would be willing to not only explain it to connor but actually demonstrate it.

I think that is my point. We all get our information from 2nd degree sources. I for one place a good degree of trust in the scientific consensus. Since we all have to rely on someone, why not rely on the guys who have to defend their position with the strongest factual data (as opposed to the most money or loudest voice)/

"Scientific consensus" is a freakin' contradiction in terms, you insect.

Again...you can't even understand the distinction.

I've been around long enough to know when I hear, see or read Bullshiit.

Some of your past posts are good examples of this.