Global Warming

3rdnlng

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conner thinks the scientific process is closing one's eyes, stomping one's feet, and screaming "I'M NOT LISTENING! I'M NOT LISTENING!" at the top of one's lungs.

Funny, because that is exactly what I think of you.

DC Tom thinks the scientific process is doing what DC Tom says. He's not an expert, or even knowledgeable in the field of climatology, yet the guy insists he knows more than the many well respected and peer reviewed articles that are out there.

3rdnlng, I know you are brainwashed on this issue, but I'll give it a shot anyways. The core science of global warming is well documented, it's been peer reviewed and subjected to maximize scrutiny and survived. The core concepts behind global warming are based on science that is over 80 years old (well before Fox News or Al Gore existed). Sure the IPCC has likely made some fringe predictions that may or may not be true. It does not matter, the core science that the average temperature of the Earth is on the rise to unprecedented levels is as close to indisputable as you can get. We are headed unto unknown areas temperature wise. Predicting the future regarding this is like predicting an earthquake, you can try, but you are not likely to get it right.

Global warming is happening and will continue to happen. All of the science-hating in the world is not going to stop it.

And !@#$ Al Gore, the guy is a tard.

Edited by conner

Funny, because that is exactly what I think of you.

DC Tom thinks the scientific process is doing what DC Tom says. He's not an expert, or even knowledgeable in the field of climatology, yet the guy insists he knows more than the many well respected and peer reviewed articles that are out there.

3rdnlng, I know you are brainwashed on this issue, but I'll give it a shot anyways. The core science of global warming is well documented, it's been peer reviewed and subjected to maximize scrutiny and survived. The core concepts behind global warming are based on science that is over 80 years old (well before Fox News or Al Gore existed). Sure the IPCC has likely made some fringe predictions that may or may not be true. It does not matter, the core science that the average temperature of the Earth is on the rise to unprecedented levels is as close to indisputable as you can get. We are headed unto unknown areas temperature wise. Predicting the future regarding this is like predicting an earthquake, you can try, but you are not likely to get it right.

Global warming is happening and will continue to happen. All of the science-hating in the world is not going to stop it.

And !@#$ Al Gore, the guy is a tard.

Ever hear of the global cooling/freezing and new ice age we were all told about in the 70's?

Resonable people that I trust are believrs in it, people like Bill Gates, so I'm inclined to think its real. Plus all the solutions seem so sensable and positive, that even if it were not true I'd support the measures to fight it because they are so benefitial for other reasons. The deniers just seem like baffoons and jack ares or oil people

Doesn't have to be global warming research to know that the scientific process is perverted by the IPCC, as I have been, and the InterAcademy Council is now, saying.

That doesn't mean that it's not real, just that the research is incomplete. The process should yield a more and more accurate result over time.

Ever hear of the global cooling/freezing and new ice age we were all told about in the 70's?

Ya sure. The theory still exists (although in a modified form)

http://www.grida.no/publications/other/ipcc_tar/?src=/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/357.htm

Given the C02/temperate correlations many think the likely end result of global warming is an ice age.

Resonable people that I trust are believrs in it, people like Bill Gates, so I'm inclined to think its real.

That is one of the stupider justifications I've ever heard. "Bill Gates believes it, good enough for me." :lol:

Plus all the solutions seem so sensable and positive, that even if it were not true I'd support the measures to fight it because they are so benefitial for other reasons. The deniers just seem like baffoons and jack ares or oil people

Something important usually missed in these discussions. "Global warming is bad science" does not mean "pollute to your heart's content". Quite the contrary - I get pissed that the environmental movment has been hijacked by the "anti-carbon" movement in the name of bad science.

That doesn't mean that it's not real, just that the research is incomplete. The process should yield a more and more accurate result over time.

Actually, it means the research is bad.

And again, that's been my point...the research has been truncated (for lack of a better word) by this fiction that "consensus" is a valid scientific principle, thereby resulting in incomplete research and bad science. I've never said global warming isn't happening, I've never even said it's not anthropogenic. I've said the science is bad.

Children like conner simply don't twig to the distinction.