I had great customer service from Sirius the other day....

The Poojer

they offered me a great deal on my existing subscription(which i posted about a couple months ago)...anyhow, they told me to call back before my billing cycle hit to just make sure it got put in place...called yesterday, was on hold for a little while, but much less than the recorded message told me i would be on for. got to one agent, she couldn't find my offer, but not to worry, they have a dept that handles those situations...transfers me, get to another rep, and she got me taken care of in no time flat....couldn't have been more pleased with the level of customer service i got. figured i would pass it along...we always pass along bad service, rarely does good service get praised.

I imagine I'm like millions of others that are waiting to hear what Stern will do when his contract is up. If he goes I won't renew. I'm not sure how long Sirius will last without him.

oh yeah and cue the obligatory Stern hasn't been funny for years and I don't listen anymore but I still like to bash him on internet message boards posts...

I imagine I'm like millions of others that are waiting to hear what Stern will do when his contract is up. If he goes I won't renew. I'm not sure how long Sirius will last without him.

oh yeah and cue the obligatory Stern hasn't been funny for years and I don't listen anymore but I still like to bash him on internet message boards posts...

Howard is great when he has interviews, when he and Robin riff on the news, and when they do game shows bits like picking the new whack-packer. Howard is boring when he talks about petty feuds between his staffers, which unfortunately is more often than I care.

PTR

Howard is great when he has interviews, when he and Robin riff on the news, and when they do game shows bits like picking the new whack-packer. Howard is boring when he talks about petty feuds between his staffers, which unfortunately is more often than I care.

PTR

I agree Howard is a master interviewer, but the staff feuds are great in my opinion. These are often better than whack pack bits to me. I can only take so much of High Pitch Eric and the like. Some of the staff have some deep dislike for one another and when it boils over it is usually great radio. The recent staff IQ testing bit was great I thought. The only gripe that I have is that Robin often gets a pass from a lot of the staff airing dirty laundry stuff. I wish Howard would call her out for being such a hypocrite.

Either way, Howard did confirm the other day he is not going to retire at the end of his contract, but whether he stays at Sirius is the question. There is no way he can go back to terrestrial radio though.

My experience with Sirius has been mind numbing. When we had one unit there was no problem. Soon as my wife got one having to receivers seemed to confuse them. Then, when we had to start paying for internet access with two accounts that experience made me want to quit Sirius all together. Lots of calls to get stuff activated covering the same ground with different reps continually. My wife loves listening to Howard thats the only reason we kept it. That said, I really like the Best of XM side of it. I like the NFL Fantasy channel and the NHL channel. Listen to that most of the time. Use to listen to Stern all the time but Robin has a nails on chalkboard kind of effect on me.

Edited by Dante

I had Sirius long before Howard came, and I'll have Sirius long after he's gone. There's a lot more channels than just 100 and 101.

I like some of the other programming on Sirius, but not enough to justify the cost if Howard is gone. Sirius/XM isn't in great shape with Howard on their channels. If he leaves and takes 5 million subscribers with him I just wonder out the future of satellite radio.

there really isn't much better than the coffee house to start a saturday or sunday morning, grateful dead channel on a late sunday afternoon, buffalo bills and syracuse orange football and hoops, but howard stern was definitely the impetus for me making the investment 5+ years ago....

I had Sirius long before Howard came, and I'll have Sirius long after he's gone. There's a lot more channels than just 100 and 101.