Man vs. Food tonight on Travel Channel....

The Poojer

only went there a couple of times..usually hit bville diner, or little gem or penguin(???? used to be across from sweetheart corner adjacent to the old NS HS)....not sure why i avoided mothers...spent alot of time in eastwood at the tip a few

Mother's cupboard rules!!!

only went there a couple of times..usually hit bville diner, or little gem or penguin(???? used to be across from sweetheart corner adjacent to the old NS HS)....not sure why i avoided mothers...spent alot of time in eastwood at the tip a few

Little Gem is closed for good. Doc tried to find a buyer, but no one wanted it. So now Stellas and Nancys are the only ones in that area. BTW, check out this new site....

Warning - site has sound so if you're at work, turn down the speakers.

Syracuse Diners

they did a great representing the syracuse area, my only complaint was when they said 'Own'-andaga Lake, and when they said that syracuse was on the shores of the finger lakes....other than that, they did a great job with the 3 venues.

They deserve an Emmy. It's not easy to make Syracuse look like a nice place.

they did a great representing the syracuse area, my only complaint was when they said 'Own'-andaga Lake, and when they said that syracuse was on the shores of the finger lakes....other than that, they did a great job with the 3 venues.

I was surprised there was no mention of salt potatoes, the newspaper mentioned he had never heard of them until he came here.

I was surprised there was no mention of salt potatoes, the newspaper mentioned he had never heard of them until he came here.

I've had them but never saw anyone make them until recently when I was back in WNY. I was at a friends house sitting in her kitchen and she started to pour salt in the water with the potatoes. I'm thinking holy **** stop!! But they actually were pretty good.

I'd only watch an episode of that if the dude keels over dead. That is one of the stupidest shows out there.

Wow bitter much? Thanks for the contribution.

It's a pretty good show. Lots of interesting cities, some VERY cool restaurants, and the spicy/gorging challenge is only one part of the episode.

But I guess a show about an unsuccessful chef who couldn't hack it and now wears Jos. A. Bank suits everyday would be better...

Edited by LongLiveRalph

It's a pretty good show. Lots of interesting cities, some VERY cool restaurants, and the spicy/gorging challenge is only one part of the episode.

But I guess a show about an unsuccessful chef who couldn't hack it and now wears Jos. A. Bank suits everyday would be better...

:lol: Wow, and you call me bitter.

Oh and BTW if you remember a post I made, I don't know, six months ago about some suits I bought sounds like you really need to get a life. Better to be bitter than a loser I guess.

Edited by Chef Jim

I've had them but never saw anyone make them until recently when I was back in WNY. I was at a friends house sitting in her kitchen and she started to pour salt in the water with the potatoes. I'm thinking holy **** stop!! But they actually were pretty good.

Great food (not great for you though) for when you're sitting around drinking beers. A bar I worked at many moons ago would put them out to increase beer sales. :thumbsup:

You nailed it Ralphy boy.

Really though...consider the premise for the show. Guy walks into restaurants around the country and gorges himself on <insert massive plate idea here> while people cheer wildly in the background.

I'm cool as a cucumber my man. Sitting in shorts and flip flops waiting for the lil' lady to get home from work to start a long weekend of cooking, drinking, and lounging. No plans to speak of for four days, which is unheard of and incredible. I couldn't be less bitter right now! ;)

The guy started a thread about a show that's airing in the hometown of many posters here. He mentions the show in the thread title. If you think it's the worst show on earth, why bother wasting the 30 seconds to open it and reply? Just so we know that the show is below your elite standards? Might as well throw in a snow joke next time too.

You don't have to like the show and you are welcome to reply in any thread. But it seems like a person with your self-proclaimed culinary expertise would be able to add more than "I hope he dies, that show sucks."

Oh and BTW if you remember a post I made, I don't know, six months ago about some suits I bought sounds like you really need to get a life. Better to be bitter than a loser I guess.

At my current pace, I'll hit your current total of 15,000 posts in the year 2054. I suppose that then I'll have a difficult time remembering them too, but at least I'll no longer be a loser!!!

Really though...consider the premise for the show. Guy walks into restaurants around the country and gorges himself on <insert massive plate idea here> while people cheer wildly in the background.

I get the title, "Man vs. Food"

But the spicy/gorging challenges are only segment, at the end of the show. The host usually visits 2-3 other restaurants in the city and tries to eat each town's signature dish. I have no interest in eating a 15 lb burger or setting my tongue on fire, so the challenges are not that interesting to me. But that's the angle of the show so they have to include that in there. I think it's a fairly entertaining show, especially if you've traveled/lived/ate at some of the spots they visit.

Great food (not great for you though) for when you're sitting around drinking beers. A bar I worked at many moons ago would put them out to increase beer sales. :thumbsup:

Was this to help make up for the fact that you and your coworkers were drinking away the profits while working? If so, then the situation would be considered comparable to any other bar.

JoS. A. Bank sucks. Burlington Coat Factory FTW!