Obama Just Struck Out

I don't know if I'd bring up Krugman as a good example, he believes that the Stimulus bill was too small and was asking for $2 Trillion all along.

Btw, did you get a chance to read more about the Laffer curve? If so, do you now understand that according to the curve too little taxation results in less revenues and added deficits?

I don't know if I'd bring up Krugman as a good example, he believes that the Stimulus bill was too small and was asking for $2 Trillion all along.

Btw, did you get a chance to read more about the Laffer curve? If so, do you now understand that according to the curve too little taxation results in less revenues and added deficits?

I don't agree with Krugman, I just get a kick out of the foremost liberal "economist" trashing Obama.

As to the Laffer curve, I wasn't arguing against your point, but rather expounding upon it for the benefit of others that might not be aware of it. I don't necessarily agree with your desire to repeal the Bush tax cuts but I understand the logic behind it.

Gees, Cal Thomas can almost be taken seriously, but it would be easier if he didn't cry about the debt and letting the Bush tax cuts expire in the very same sentence. :doh:

Right, because without those tax cuts the debt would be swell. Liberal theory is great as long as you don't crunch the numbers.

I don't agree with Krugman, I just get a kick out of the foremost liberal "economist" trashing Obama.

As to the Laffer curve, I wasn't arguing against your point, but rather expounding upon it for the benefit of others that might not be aware of it. I don't necessarily agree with your desire to repeal the Bush tax cuts but I understand the logic behind it.

Is now maybe the time for the "Fair Tax"?

By "Fair" do you mean that the 50% of Americans who don't pay federal income tax finally pay federal income tax?

If you are not familiar with it, it is a tax proposed by Neal Boortz. Basically a national sales tax (not a value added tax though) with some different variations. It is designed to eliminate income tax. If I remember correctly estimates are at about 17%. Just think, no filing of income tax, everbody pays in although there are some proposals that would allow for a rebate based on standard deductions. I think the rebate idea is to "sell" the idea to more people. It certainly would keep the government from directing our lives as much.

Right, because without those tax cuts the debt would be swell. Liberal theory is great as long as you don't crunch the numbers.

Actually it would swell, to the tune of $4 Trillion over the next 10 years. The GOP really doesn't have a strong argument when they do talk about deficit reduction and then at the same time talk about letting the Bush Tax cuts to continue.

Of course on the flip side, liberal talking points of the Bush Tax cuts for the "Rich" being the main component of the tax cut adding to the deficit is not only grossly overstated but horrendously dishonest that is meant to rile up the sheep (see Pasta Joe).

If you are not familiar with it, it is a tax proposed by Neal Boortz. Basically a national sales tax (not a value added tax though) with some different variations. It is designed to eliminate income tax. If I remember correctly estimates are at about 17%. Just think, no filing of income tax, everbody pays in although there are some proposals that would allow for a rebate based on standard deductions. I think the rebate idea is to "sell" the idea to more people. It certainly would keep the government from directing our lives as much.

So in other words, it'll never happen.

Actually it would swell, to the tune of $4 Trillion over the next 10 years. The GOP really doesn't have a strong argument when they do talk about deficit reduction and then at the same time talk about letting the Bush Tax cuts to continue.

Of course on the flip side, liberal talking points of the Bush Tax cuts for the "Rich" being the main component of the tax cut adding to the deficit is not only grossly overstated but horrendously dishonest that is meant to rile up the sheep (see Pasta Joe).

I'm not saying you're wrong b/c I know you're well versed on these matters, but that $4 trillion figure seems a big high without some serious inflation to get it up there (which is certainly possible). Relative to the debt I don't think it's significant enough to get my support. Given the size of the defecit all the tax hikes in the world will be relatively meaningless without some serious cuts in spending. It seems to me that otherwise any additional money I pay in taxes will be thrown down a rat hole.