Ummmmmmmmmm......................OK.........................

\GoBillsInDallas/

The family of a teen whose heart stopped after clamping an electrical cord to his nipple in shop class is suing the school and the teacher, saying the boy suffered brain damage.

I'm guessing the school could present a compelling defense that the brain damage was already there. :rolleyes:

Every electrical cord I've seen recently comes with about four different warning tags, including an "electric shock hazard" tag (and "strangulation hazard", "fire hazard", and "may cause cancer" to satisfy some dumbass CA law). I think the school's got a fair defense arguing that the boy had sufficient warning and ignored it.

Every electrical cord I've seen recently comes with about four different warning tags, including an "electric shock hazard" tag (and "strangulation hazard", "fire hazard", and "may cause cancer" to satisfy some dumbass CA law). I think the school's got a fair defense arguing that the boy had sufficient warning and ignored it.

Assuming that in the New Hampshire public school system the 18 year old in question has learned to read.

The tags have pictures.

Except the cancer one...don't know what you'd use for a pictorgram of a tumor.

Agreed, but pictures can be misleading, this one depicts a pool ball rack with an arrow in it, clearly indicating that a good first shot at the point of the rack will scatter the balls all over.

Edited by Guffalo