LT, then QB in 2011 Draft?

Astrobot

Thanks, all, for your feedback. :thumbsup: I know it's early! I for one don't think there's ever a moratorium on discussing what we want for our team, even before a game has been played that counts. I'm hearing QB, ILB, OT for the time being, and a desire to get a tackle with experience.

Here is how the current starting NFL QBs were acquired:

1st round draft picks: 18 (E. Manning, P. Manning, Brees, Bradford, Cutler, Campbell, Flacco, Freeman, McNabb, Palmer, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Sanchez, A. Smith, Stafford, Young, Rivers, Ryan)

What's the takeaway from all of this: a team's best chance at landing a franchise QB is finding the right one in the first round. Odds are the Bills will be looking to get one in the first round of the '11 draft.

Take Brees, Cutler, Campbell, and McNabb off that list. Now it's down to less than half of the teams.

[quote name='CarolinaBill' timestamp='1283219606' post='1949851'

No way Mallett last to rd 2

That's what I was thinking...I just don't see anyway he would fall out of the Top of the 1st Round. Mallett would have to absolutely bomb this year for that to happen, and I'm still not sure that would do it...

Tim Tebow was a 1st Round Draft Pick. How many Teams would rate Mallett ahead of Tebow as a Pro Prospect? 25 out of 32? Maybe more? B-)