Digusted and Thrilled by the D????

Solitary

How could look they so bad overall at times against a historic proportions bad O for the Fins yet make so many great turnover plays! I was screaming NO or GO every other series!! Somehow we have to improve the Dline rush next year or it will be the Achilles heel of a good playoff team. You saw in the 1st that with no pass rush on a horrible fin O line that even Feely was able to pick us apart. When we resorted to blitzing by the backers and safeties we did much better, but you CAN't do this on a regular basis in the NFL. An ordinary O would have destroyed us today. This D will not truly be a dominant unit in big games until we can apply pressure with the front four.

How could look they so bad overall at times against a historic proportions bad O for the Fins yet make so many great turnover plays! I was screaming NO or GO every other series!! Somehow we have to improve the Dline rush next year or it will be the Achilles heel of a good playoff team. You saw in the 1st that with no pass rush on a horrible fin O line that even Feely was able to pick us apart. When we resorted to blitzing by the backers and safeties we did much better, but you CAN't do this on a regular basis in the NFL. An ordinary O would have destroyed us today. This D will not truly be a dominant unit in big games until we can apply pressure with the front four.

147056[/snapback]

Um, excuse me, we had SEVEN turnovers today, six by the defense.

147056[/snapback]

One sack and 5 picks and a DEFENSIVE LINEMAN scored a TD. Ummm.....

147056[/snapback]

The defense created turnovers which is how you win games but their is a blaring weakness on this defense and that's pass rush. Our 2 DE's were nowhere to be found. If we get two number 2's in the draft I say we go o-lineman first DE second or bring in a free agent for a couple years until Kelsey comes around

We ain't gonna get a pass rusher better than Schobel or Kelsay in the 2nd round. This is why our #1 free agent target should be a pass rusher, and take the highest rated interior Olineman with our first pick. This is what theformerlyguestjason76 would do........ JUST KIDDING! Calm down everybody.