Heavy Drinkers Outlive Nondrinkers, Study Finds

Uh, I'm no researcher, but isn't this a major flaw:

The sample of those who were studied included individuals between ages 55 and 65 who had had any kind of outpatient care in the previous three years. The 1,824 participants were followed for 20 years.

So, it's excluding all who died from the carnage of drunk driving before age 55.........As well as all those who died from cirossis, etc. before that age........I know somebody who died last week, of complications from diabetes. He didn't let his diabetes inhibit his wine intake. Now, he's dead. But, since he was only 47, he doesn't get included in this sample.

Is this not a major flaw in the study?

The sample of those who were studied included individuals between ages 55 and 65 who had had any kind of outpatient care in the previous three years. The 1,824 participants were followed for 20 years.

So, it's excluding all who died from the carnage of drunk driving before age 55.........As well as all those who died from cirossis, etc. before that age........I know somebody who died last week, of complications from diabetes. He didn't let his diabetes inhibit his wine intake. Now, he's dead. But, since he was only 47, he doesn't get included in this sample.

Ya know, I'm right at the front of the line when it comes to calling into question the results of "research" trumpeted on TV, in newspapers, on the Internet, etc. I usually say, "Show me the methodology, the research instruments and the data. I'll tell you the take-away from the study."

But for some reason, when the results suggest booze and/or drugs are good for you, I'm a true believer! :thumbsup:

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjVfc8-Y7sQ

Edited by The Dean

And who the hell are YOU to argue with RESEARCH???

Hey you, shut the !@#$ up, we're drinking here.......and heavily!

Shudddup with yer straw in the floody, burp.