Shakespeare In Klingon

/dev/null

"The chairman of Washington Shakespeare's board just happens to be the man who invented Klingonspeak for the films: Marc Okrand"

Okay, that's pretty cool. Though I think people who speak Klingon are a little nuts (unless they're treating people who speak Klingon - and Seattle had at least one requirement for a Klingon-speaking mental health counselor about a decade ago), what Okrand did in creating the language is fascinating and a non-trivial accomplishment.

I may have to attend the show, just to see if I can get him to sign my first-edition Klingon-English dictionary.

Wow

That's not fair...the guy's a professional linguist who invented a completely new language from scratch. That's a significant intellectual and scientific accomplishment; it's not about being a Star Trek geek...

Okay, it's not JUST about being a Star Trek geek...

That's not fair...the guy's a professional linguist who invented a completely new language from scratch. That's a significant intellectual and scientific accomplishment; it's not about being a Star Trek geek...

Cunning linguist or not, a nerd is a nerd.

Just busting ya. ;)

I'm a fan, but

. I appreciate that someone created the entire language. Reminds me of when the Army tested us to find if there were any linguists that didn't know they had the talent. Turns out a bunch of Signal Corps lieutenants weren't.