Random thoughts

Thoner7

Just some random thoughts as I re-watch the tape delayed Bungals game. Feel free to add your own comments.

- K. Green allows a bad sack that kills the first drive. He is beat easily by Michael Johnson, who dips under Green and gets the sack without even being touched. A very bad showing by Green.

- Spiller looses 11 yards on a run that he tries to bounce outside when he should have ran upfield off of Woods arse after a nice pull. There was no real hole to go

through, but bouncing it outside was not the right move. Spiller I think realized it after the fact. Jackson could have had a 3-4 yard gain on the play.

- on the 3rd down following that big loss, Hangartner just snaps the ball and proceeds to let the man lined right up in the A gap run straight passed him as he

blocks no one. Luckily Wood was able to slow him up after his man ran wide on a stunt. We need to upgrade the C postion.

- SPiller has some nice cuts to run upfield, bu he could have had a big gain if he had bounced it outside after getting by some defenders. Still a very nice run.

- On the Parrish TD, both Levitre and WOod anchor down well blocking some DTs one on one. After two drives its evident these two are having a nice game.

- The Bills run D is being eaten up. It is obvious that the Bills miss K. Williams (is he out with injury?). Spencer Johnson is filling in his spot when they are in a 40 front.

- Troup/Edwards were washed out on a run play fairly easily. The Bills didnt have a great run D last season, they probably wont be much better this season.

- On the Bungals 2nd TD, Kelsay is too unathletic to make any kind of play in space, and MCKelvin blew his coverage on the play. It was funny to match TO trip over his feet in the background though.

- On Spillers nice 19 yard run, he bounced outside and got his yards purely on speed. If the Bills could open just a little bit of a hole for this guy, he could be great. He will need to run

it between the Ts eventually though (last time he bounced it outside in a similiar situation he lost 11 yards)

- That was an awesome blitz by Davis.

- On the long pass to Parrish, Wood and Levitre make some solid combo blocks on either side on Hangman to give Trent a lot of time. If not for them holding up so well Bell prob would have allowed a sack

bc Trent coudlnt have stepped up like he did.

- On the screen to McIntry, You can see Levitre on the ground holding on a D linemans foot. It looks Hilarious on TV if you see it

- Every replay I catch myself watching the OL. Wood/Levitre are handling their matchups so well, Hangartner is doing a lot of standing around as niether is really in need to help.

These guys are gonna be very good IMO

- Our ST are missing Bobby April bad.

- The announcers credit a nice blitz pressure to Maybin, when Maybin was handled easily once again. Whitner lets up on the ball when it looks like he could have had a shot at a pick.

with 3 mins left in the 2nd, on a third down, Maybin got around the LT but slipped and fell. He may of had a sack if he didnt fall over! Thats promising rihgt?

- Green is beaten again by Johnson during the two minute. Edwards was able to throw the ball away

- Killer block by Levitre on the screen to Spiller. Hangman just runs downfield and hits no one. He could have taken on a DB and sprung Spiller for the TD. I am not a big fan of his.

- Another good block by Levitre on the TD run. Spiller in the open field is great. We need mroe holes from the OL.

- Is it just me or does Meredith look better than Bell? Bell may be hampered by injury but I think Meredith is playing better at this point.

-MAYBIN! Has a nice Spin that beats the LT, beats a double team by benching the LG, and gets teh "sack" by drawing an intentioal grounding. That was the best play of his career to date.

- Maybin plays well the next two plays. He is able to bench the LT off him on the next play - which is a big sign from him (although he is forced inside and Cincy runs for a big gain outside, and on the next he gets around the LT forcing the QB to step up into D Edwards. Nice pass rsh from the DL on the play. Mayb string together a few nice plays there.

- Sorry about the typos, I was typing fast. I am calling it quits at half. GO BILLS!

Edited by Thoner7

Meredith is in at LT, still going against Odom, the Bengals starter. He is looking pretty impressive. I like him more than Bell honestly.

Do you think they will move him over to the RT or will he be the swing? I guessing swing untill one side falls apart..