Easley could have returned.

The Bills chose Nelson over Easley for this season. Nelson is healthier & will end up contributing a lot more than Easley would have this season. When Easley comes back next year, he can battle S. Johnson for a roster spot.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

I think Easley was a project to begin with. So no great loss here. Now he can take all the time he needs to learn the system and he doesn't cost us a roster spot. I doubt the team didn't realize that he could come back that soon. It was just a really good excuse to stash him away for a year.

Crowell got injured in Tampa Bay and is now in the UFL. Poz and McKelvin were going to miss huge chunks of time. You need players who can actually help in games. Not taking up roster spots for two months and can't contribute. And because "sources" say Easley could have come back does not make it true. It also could be he could have come back but risked further set back if it was injured again. Playing fantasy football doesn't make us experts on injuries or how a team deals with injuries. And today's media is not the most reliable. Just sayin'. Think of him and Batten as two extra draft choices for next season. They get a year to get stronger and learn the pro lifestyle. Not a bad thing. Can't have folks taking up roster spots for chunks of time and not being able to contribute.

Stop making sense, it's doesn't fit with the general negativity on this board.

This is one of the smartest things they could have done with both of those players. It's pretty obvious that Easley would have little to no playing time this year and Batten had probably less of a chance than Easley. This move created 2 very precious roster spots that are needed for quality depth at both the OLB and WR positions. Personally, I would rather see the likes of Mitchell at LB and Nelson or Hardy at WR than rookies from small schools that have a much bigger learning curve.