Klinsmann to coach US?

Pete

I'm not getting my hopes up, cause I was all set for signing the guy last time around and they botched it.

That being said...

PLEASE GOD, LET US GET THIS DONE!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Git 'er done...... America?!

I don't follow much soccer outside the US playing in the World Cup. However, I've read some of the stories on the US/Klinsmann talks both times and I'd have to say hiring him would raise my interest in the US program and be much more encouraged about the national team's chances in the World Cup and other tourneys. I think Klinsmann can be the guy to put them over the top as one of the best in the world.

Git 'er done...... America?!

I don't follow much soccer outside the US playing in the World Cup. However, I've read some of the stories on the US/Klinsmann talks both times and I'd have to say hiring him would raise my interest in the US program and be much more encouraged about the national team's chances in the World Cup and other tourneys. I think Klinsmann can be the guy to put them over the top as one of the best in the world.

Klinsmann has extensive international soccer experience both as a player and a coach. He is exactly what we need, because his standards would be FAR different than what Bradley or any other American coach would have, and the players would be in a position of needing to raise their game in order to meet them. The overall skill level of our team would increase and we'd be a much larger threat on the world stage. I wholeheartedly believe that. Klinsmann was good enough to be the head coach of one of the greatest teams in the world and he had success in that role. This is the kind of coach we need. Pay him whatever he wants, he's worth it. Coach Bradley did a respectable job, but he'll never put this team on par with the best teams in the world (not named Italy, Brazil, or Germany).

Klinsmann has extensive international soccer experience both as a player and a coach. He is exactly what we need, because his standards would be FAR different than what Bradley or any other American coach would have, and the players would be in a position of needing to raise their game in order to meet them. The overall skill level of our team would increase and we'd be a much larger threat on the world stage. I wholeheartedly believe that. Klinsmann was good enough to be the head coach of one of the greatest teams in the world and he had success in that role. This is the kind of coach we need. Pay him whatever he wants, he's worth it. Coach Bradley did a respectable job, but he'll never put this team on par with the best teams in the world (not named Italy, Brazil, or Germany).

Neither will Klinsmann with the group of players USA has.

That's disappointing. Not that I dislike Bob Bradley, but I thought this was a chance to move forward. Klinsmann would be an instant shot of adrenaline in the US system. And I was hearing rumors that if Bradley left, he had a shot with one of the mid-level Premiership teams. I was excited about that because in that scenario, US soccer gains credibility on two fronts, here and abroad.

Oh, well... I guess we'll keep seeing Jonathan Bornstein out there in big games.