StubHub is like a stock market for sports teams

If you price tickets to the opener you find there are only 1,000 available and going for no less than $114. That's actually pretty amazing. In years past tickets to the home opener have gone for around $90. The Jets game is trading at around $60 and the Steelers are around $70. All other games are around $20.

I think this says that fans are eager than usual to see the Chan-dogs, but will not buy past game #1 until they see how they play. The Jets are the "glamor team" of 2010, and Steelers fans travel.

PTR

I am having much more difficulty reselling my season tix for games I am not attending than in previous years. My impression is that it's a reflection of the economy. As you note, the Steelers game is going for around $70. That's still a $20 loss for me.

I am having much more difficulty reselling my season tix for games I am not attending than in previous years. My impression is that it's a reflection of the economy. As you note, the Steelers game is going for around $70. That's still a $20 loss for me.

To be clear the prices I quote are the lowest prices listed. Better seats go for more. My suggestion is not panic yet. People are in wait-and-see mode.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot