Massive Solar Storm Possibly Brewing

/dev/null

Who wrote that bull ****? That story is the most useless, slanted, dishonest piece of half-assed crap I've seen since John Butler's last draft as Bills GM. Really...it's !@#$ing horrible. It's not even a news story, it's a précis for a Roland Emmerich film.

Quick, who's got a script for a solar storm apocalypse movie?

Summer 2011 blockbuster starring Piers Brosnan as a fringe astrophysiscist who the establishment keeps ignoring...until it is almost too late.

I'd prefer a "Cowboy solar panel builder Bruce Willis sacrifices himself for his daughter and smarmy sidekick by nuking the sun" script, myself...

I'd prefer a "Cowboy solar panel builder Bruce Willis sacrifices himself for his daughter and smarmy sidekick by nuking the sun" script, myself...

Ahh a competing script. I am obviously onto something. There was the Summer of asteroid movies. There was the Summer of Volcano movies. 2011 will be the Summer of Snopocolypse movies.

(The title Sunpocolypse is mine. You can go with Solarcaine if you want. Yours probably has more sponsorship opportunities)

Edited by Peace

"They claim satellites will be aged by 50 years, rendering GPS even more useless than ever, and the blast will have the equivalent energy of 100 million hydrogen bombs." wow factiod, GPS is useless.

Actually this storm is going to happen at sometime and the magnatizism of earth will shift too. Both of these things have happened before, usually every 100000 years or so. Yellowstone is due too and rent day is coming where I live.

Wouldn't something hitting the earth with a force of 100 million hydrogen bombs do just a little bit more damage than knock out the power grid? :unsure:

Of course, the headline, in an example of really bad headline editing, just said "100m bombs." :wallbash:

But aside from that...don't even get me !@#$ing started. I read that line and screamed "What the !@#$ is that supposed to mean? What is this, !@#$ing conner-science? What a !@#$ing meaningless statement!" There's about eight different ways I can think of, off the top of my head, that that line was completely, totally, utterly !@#$ing wrong.

"They claim satellites will be aged by 50 years, rendering GPS even more useless than ever, and the blast will have the equivalent energy of 100 million hydrogen bombs." wow factiod, GPS is useless.

But less useless than it will be.

Stupid !@#$ing article. !@#$ing Charlie Brown science.

Good.

I hope out of the ashes we get to enslave the people who can't read a friggin' map.

Of course, the headline, in an example of really bad headline editing, just said "100m bombs." :wallbash:

But aside from that...don't even get me !@#$ing started. I read that line and screamed "What the !@#$ is that supposed to mean? What is this, !@#$ing conner-science? What a !@#$ing meaningless statement!" There's about eight different ways I can think of, off the top of my head, that that line was completely, totally, utterly !@#$ing wrong.

But less useless than it will be.

Stupid !@#$ing article. !@#$ing Charlie Brown science.

No, no really, don't hold back, what did you really think? Come on Tom, cut them some !@#$ing slack, it's Yahoo India News Beta for crying out loud.

Hillarious. But you know if anything like this ever did happen, we'll all find out how things work without a government...or an economy, or power, or communications, or food. You know no one would prepare for something like this. In fact I'm sure it would replace Global Warming as the latest liberal conspiracy. So when it does hit, it'll be right back to colonial times overnight. That'll be a scream.

PTR

Witht the force of 100 million hydrogen bombs it won't be back to colonial times it will be back to primordial ooze times, you know PPP like.

Actually this storm is going to happen at sometime and the magnatizism of earth will shift too. Both of these things have happened before, usually every 100000 years or so. Yellowstone is due too and rent day is coming where I live.

I think the 100 million hydrogen bomb explosion is to occur at the sun, which is a meaningless number unless we're told how many hundreds of millions of hydrogen bomb explosions of energy the sun regularly emits.

I think the 100 million hydrogen bomb explosion is to occur at the sun, which is a meaningless number unless we're told how many hundreds of millions of hydrogen bomb explosions of energy the sun regularly emits.

Another example of someone with no science background writing a newpaper article on science. I wish the papers would get someone who had taken at least one science class since high school.

Who wrote that bull ****? That story is the most useless, slanted, dishonest piece of half-assed crap I've seen since John Butler's last draft as Bills GM. Really...it's !@#$ing horrible. It's not even a news story, it's a précis for a Roland Emmerich film.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Settle down. Let's not do anything rash like calling anything Roland Emmerich does "film". That's just unnecessary.

:pirate: