A new Charles " The Hammer"

The Hammer crushes

This smug attribution of bigotry to two-thirds of the population hinges on the insistence on a complete lack of connection between Islam and radical Islam, a proposition that dovetails perfectly with the Obama administration's pretense that we are at war with nothing more than "violent extremists" of inscrutable motive and indiscernible belief. Those who reject this as both ridiculous and politically correct (an admitted redundancy) are declared Islamophobes, the ad hominem du jour.

The Democrats are going to get beaten badly in November. Not just because the economy is ailing. And not just because Obama over-read his mandate in governing too far left. But because a comeuppance is due the arrogant elites whose undisguised contempt for the great unwashed prevents them from conceding a modicum of serious thought to those who dare oppose them.

Ouchy. :D I don't know about you, but I will remember this piece in November. It appears, at least for now, as a sound summation of why and what is actually happening. It will be interesting to see how accurate it is going forward. Also, I will be keeping this link handy...for those far leftists who, after their 2-3 days of denial after the election, go out and try to blame everyone but themselves and their leaders for their abject failure.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hammer crushes

This smug attribution of bigotry to two-thirds of the population hinges on the insistence on a complete lack of connection between Islam and radical Islam, a proposition that dovetails perfectly with the Obama administration's pretense that we are at war with nothing more than "violent extremists" of inscrutable motive and indiscernible belief. Those who reject this as both ridiculous and politically correct (an admitted redundancy) are declared Islamophobes, the ad hominem du jour.

The Democrats are going to get beaten badly in November. Not just because the economy is ailing. And not just because Obama over-read his mandate in governing too far left. But because a comeuppance is due the arrogant elites whose undisguised contempt for the great unwashed prevents them from conceding a modicum of serious thought to those who dare oppose them.

Ouchy. :D I don't know about you, but I will remember this piece in November. It appears, at least for now, as a sound summation of why and what is actually happening. It will be interesting to see how accurate it is going forward. Also, I will be keeping this link handy...for those far leftists who, after their 2-3 days of denial after the election, go out and try to blame everyone but themselves and their leaders for their abject failure.

Not so much because of this article do I say this, but there isn't a conservative columnist that connects the dots and hits home as well Krauthammer. He is the creme de la creme of political columnists.....

What an absolutely nuts-on accurate article about what happens when a liberal is asked to debate something on its merits.

Now we know why the country has become "ungovernable," last year's excuse for the Democrats' failure of governance: Who can possibly govern a nation of racist, nativist, homophobic Islamophobes?
Edited by LABillzFan

Oh goodness. I see where OC finds the supplies to build his layers of ****. I can't even get past the first sentence without hitting a plethora of incorrect information.

But for you LA, I'll try to chip at just one of these layers. Just one.

Liberalism under siege is an ugly sight indeed
  • Liberalism is not under siege
  • Liberalism (not being) under siege is not ugly
  • The assumption that Liberalism is under siege is such a ridiculously simplistic view of politics that I don't even know where to start (but lets try)
    • The world and government is not "liberals" vs "conservatives", political views are a vast rainbow of stances and positions
    • Many people have hated liberal views for as long as history can remember, it is not any more or less so now (but the discussion is a topic of it's own)
    • Just as many people hate Krauthammers views
    • Most (what you people call) "liberals" barely consider Obama a liberal, the guy is a moderate
    • Historically the political party that any elected President belongs to *always* loses congressional seats in the midterms (history repeating itself it not "a siege")

And that is just the first sentence (or layer of ****) out of a complete story that is just more and more complete **** piled on top of more ****.

Edited by conner

Oh goodness. I see where OC finds the supplies to build his layers of ****. I can't even get past the first sentence without hitting a plethora of incorrect information.

But for you LA, I'll try to chip at just one of these layers. Just one.

• Liberalism is not under siege
  • Liberalism (not being) under siege is not ugly
  • The assumption that Liberalism is under siege is such a ridiculously simplistic view of politics that I don't even know where to start (but lets try)
    • The world and government is not "liberals" vs "conservatives", political views are a vast rainbow of stances and positions
    • Many people have hated liberal views for as long as history can remember, it is not any more or less so now (but the discussion is a topic of it's own)
    • Just as many people hate Krauthammers views
    • Most (what you people call) "liberals" barely consider Obama a liberal, the guy is a moderate
    • Historically the political party that any elected President belongs to *always* loses congressional seats in the midterms (history repeating itself it not "a siege")

And that is just the first sentence (or layer of ****) out of a complete story that is just more and more complete **** piled on top of more ****.

Says the shill who referenced George Soros as the Tea Party founder and CNN as a right leaning news network.... :lol:

The Hammer crushes

The other side of the coin is that the right is taking the talking points memos from Fox, talk radio etc to paint an equally extreme picture on the opposite side.

Gay marriage - no sense in proposing a rational solution to make civil unions the law of the land, because it's better to inflame the public with an assault on marriage by the heathens.

Immigration - why try to come up with a rational immigration policy (oh wait, the last GOP president tried that one) - instead let's demonize the workers by throwing out catch phrases like anchor babies that will stick like glue.

Islam - what's worse ignoring that global terrorists are most likely to be radical Islamists, or linking every Muslim to radical Islam?

Pick your poison of empty rhetoric to rile up the electorate.

The other side of the coin is that the right is taking the talking points memos from Fox, talk radio etc to paint an equally extreme picture on the opposite side.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/08/26/Poll-Mosque-near-911-site-opposed/UPI-79731282824789/

Most people don't think it's proper to build a mosque and Islamic cultural center near the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attack site in New York, a CBS poll indicates.

Seventy-two percent of respondents said building the facility so close to the World Trade Center site was inappropriate, while 22 percent said it was appropriate, the poll released Thursday indicated.

Who would of known that Fox news had such a large following.

:lol:

Gay marriage - no sense in proposing a rational solution to make civil unions the law of the land, because it's better to inflame the public with an assault on marriage by the heathens.

Immigration - why try to come up with a rational immigration policy (oh wait, the last GOP president tried that one) - instead let's demonize the workers by throwing out catch phrases like anchor babies that will stick like glue.

Islam - what's worse ignoring that global terrorists are most likely to be radical Islamists, or linking every Muslim to radical Islam?

Pick your poison of empty rhetoric to rile up the electorate.

I wouldn't catagorize the proposed Bush immigration policy anything more than an ill conceived attempt at political posturing. I like the analogy of the overflowing bath tub upstairs. Before you determine what you're going to do with the water, it's a good idea to turn off the faucet, then deal with the mess. Granting amnesty while you've got a huge gaping hole at the border doesn't accomplish much.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/08/26/Poll-Mosque-near-911-site-opposed/UPI-79731282824789/

Who would of known that Fox news had such a large following.

:lol:

I think the scary number is that nearly 30% don't think that the developers have the right to build the mosque. But I'm betting they know the last finalists for American Idol.

I wouldn't catagorize the proposed Bush immigration policy anything more than an ill conceived attempt at political posturing. I like the analogy of the overflowing bath tub upstairs. Before you determine what you're going to do with the water, it's a good idea to turn off the faucet, then deal with the mess. Granting amnesty while you've got a huge gaping hole at the border doesn't accomplish much.

Way to buy into the talking points. Whether you call it amnesty or the Bush proposal to legalize the workers who are here was the more practical solution to the problem. Because standing in the way of immigration reform 5 yrs ago certainly fixed the problem, didn't it?

Way to buy into the talking points. Whether you call it amnesty or the Bush proposal to legalize the workers who are here was the more practical solution to the problem. Because standing in the way of immigration reform 5 yrs ago certainly fixed the problem, didn't it?

I don't think "immigration reform" would have solved the problem either. I don't have a problem with working out a way to legalize the workers or even speeding up the immigration process to make it easier and faster for more people to enter legally from Mexico. But until you block the flow of illegals, amnesty or reform or whatever you prefer to call it won't fix the problem. I wrote something a few years back about this. I can't get to it now but I'll post it later. I'd like to get your thoughts on it.

I think the scary number is that nearly 30% don't think that the developers have the right to build the mosque. But I'm betting they know the last finalists for American Idol.

I don't really give a **** about this topic, but you guys seem to be obsessed about it, just like the rest of AMERICUHHH..

There are much more pressing and important topics such as the economy, but the dumb dumbs rather talk about Immigration, Terrorism and this stupid !@#$ing mosque.

Personally, I believe it's their freaking right to build it there if they wish, however I have serious misgivings in the intentions that they purport such as "trying to build a bridge between the U.S and Muslims". Yeah, I think that is a crock of ****. If they truly wanted to "extend an olive branch" the way they claim they would try to work something out with the parties involved.

Also, I find it odd that YOU, would think that is a "scary" number, the 30% one. You're a smart dude, why would you find that "scary"? Considering that 25% of the US population believe Obama is a muslim and that 25% also believe that Bush was responsible for 9/11. There are kooks in this world and 30% is right in line with reasonable expectations.

Edited by Magox

I wouldn't catagorize the proposed Bush immigration policy anything more than an ill conceived attempt at political posturing.

I wouldn't even give that administration that much credit. Their immigration policy, like so many of their policies, seemed like nothing more than an ill-considered half-measure - because like you said, amnesty without some kind of border security or naturalization reform is a completely false reform.

I don't really give a **** about this topic, but you guys seem to be obsessed about it, just like the rest of AMERICUHHH..

There are much more pressing and important topics such as the economy, but the dumb dumbs rather talk about Immigration, Terrorism and this stupid !@#$ing mosque.

Personally, I believe it's their freaking right to build it there if they wish, however I have serious misgivings in the intentions that they purport such as "trying to build a bridge between the U.S and Muslims". Yeah, I think that is a crock of ****. If they truly wanted to "extend an olive branch" the way they claim they would try to work something out with the parties involved.

Also, I find it odd that YOU, would think that is a "scary" number, the 30% one. You're a smart dude, why would you find that "scary"? Considering that 25% of the US population believe Obama is a muslim and that 25% also believe that Bush was responsible for 9/11. There are kooks in this world and 30% is right in line with reasonable expectations.

+ 1

The Hammer crushes

And has nothing to do with the fact that the party in power almost always loses seats in mid-term elections. Only a tool would fall for this nonesense.

I don't think "immigration reform" would have solved the problem either. I don't have a problem with working out a way to legalize the workers or even speeding up the immigration process to make it easier and faster for more people to enter legally from Mexico. But until you block the flow of illegals, amnesty or reform or whatever you prefer to call it won't fix the problem. I wrote something a few years back about this. I can't get to it now but I'll post it later. I'd like to get your thoughts on it.

I thought that the plan was reasonable because it was meant to address the employment situation. It should not be confused with border security although the two are related. But the bigger problem with border security is the drug runners not the migrant workers. But if you provide a legal opportunity for temporary workers to come in, you eliminate the coyote human traffic and then you put your resources at drug interdiction.

But by blocking any reform gop just ensured that the problem got worse, because realistically it's impossible to deport all the illegals.

The other things don't bother me as much as one third of the population not knowing the fundamental tenet off this republic.