Are you going to move when you retire?

people actually have homes in South Florida without hurricane shutters?!?

thats like moving to buffalo and not buying a snow shovel, except way worse.

They exist, there are still people that think masking tape on the window is sufficient

Puerto Vallarta, MX would be a nice "snow-bird" location.

It would be nice to be living most of the year closer to my kids, though. They are really cool people!

I HATE New York taxes. Government in general has been given way too much authority to simply raise taxes instead of budgeting money already in hand, like we have to do!

We can only blame ourselves for letting them DO it.

I'm a good 30 years away, so who knows where those years will take me (or if I make it that long). The idea of escaping from winter grows on me more and more each year though. If I move, I want to be right on a nice golf course so I can make up for all the rounds I'm missing out on right now.

Underground.

They meant before you die. :P

As a 30 year old and where the economy is going (who really knows) you're in a perfect position to have a good nest egg in 35 years. This is exactly what you want at your age.

Having your own nest egg will probably be illegal in 35 years.

hell..i'm in the mountains of east tenn, on the border with n. carolina and virginia. Got the Appalachian mountains and the Blue Ridge, great fishing in TVA lakes, can play golf year round and drive 40 minutes to ski in the mountains in the winter. No state taxes, great medical care (VA, med school and good hospitals) pretty much recessionproof. Like my job, like the people I work with. I'll be happy doing this til the day I die, or at least until the Bills win the superbowl.

I'm out of So. Fla. Probably move to N.C. or Va.

dib can I ask you a few questions?

I plan on moving soon. Just had enough of it here in WNY. Sick of everything except this summers weather! Where are you from? How long have you been in SoFL and why are you leaving?

Thanks

Willy