Where does Buffalo Rank in NFL attendence?

This is a good point. The Bills sell out and have a relatively large stadium. Why would anyone think theyr wouldn't be near the top in home attendance?

Because the town has a small population and the weather is often bad, and I am not just talking about snow. There are often rains and swirling winds.

I have no way of knowing, but I think that the Bills would top all other franchises wrt selling tickets to out of town fans, due to the number of people who have moved away. Local motels are packed on the weekend of a game, and prices seem to increase. I have paid approx. 170 dollars for a Hampton Inn.

The Bills are a unique franchise backed by sincere and devoted fans.

Man, the writing is on the wall in Jacksonville. With those crushing capacity numbers, should be renamed the Jacksonville Blackout.

If anybody is moving to Los Angeles, the black hole of NFL markets, it'll be Jacksonville.

The Bills have a large stadium, but fewer luxury boxes and even fewer filled than most other stadiums. That's where the real money's at. Figuring their average ticket price is $59, and a luxury box typically goes for $500K, a box is worth almost 8,500 tickets revenue-wise.

And speaking of standing-only tix, a guy I know went to Gillette and had standing-only tix, paid-for by his uncle (who got them through his work). It cost $60/apiece and he said you could only see the field if you were right up against the gates.

Edited by Doc

The Bills have a large stadium, but fewer luxury boxes and even fewer filled than most other stadiums. That's where the real money's at. Figuring their average ticket price is $59, and a luxury box typically goes for $500K, a box is worth almost 8,500 tickets revenue-wise.

True, the Bills can't price the luxury boxes the way most teams do because of the lack of big business in the area. I hate that they did it, but the Toronto deal was such a good deal for the Bills, they made way more than if these games were in OP...

Edited by ricojes

True, the Bills can't price the luxury boxes the way most teams do because of the lack of big business in the area. That's why the Toronto deal was such a good deal for the Bills, they made way more than if these games were in OP...

The Toronto deal was definitely a great one for Ralph. But the Bills better start winning, otherwise it will be a one-and-done deal.

As for the Bills having the lowest ticket prices, the good thing about it for the fans, besides the lower cost of seeing games relative to other venues, is they can sell their tickets to Pats and usually another game and more than cover the cost of their season tickets.

Because the town has a small population and the weather is often bad, and I am not just talking about snow. There are often rains and swirling winds.

I have no way of knowing, but I think that the Bills would top all other franchises wrt selling tickets to out of town fans, due to the number of people who have moved away. Local motels are packed on the weekend of a game, and prices seem to increase. I have paid approx. 170 dollars for a Hampton Inn.

The Bills are a unique franchise backed by sincere and devoted fans.

The weather for the games is rarely snowy or very rainy. No more than other small market teams like Pitt or GB. Seems like a lot of the out of towners are fans of the opposing team, esp. a Steelers game.

The Toronto deal was definitely a great one for Ralph. But the Bills better start winning, otherwise it will be a one-and-done deal.

As for the Bills having the lowest ticket prices, the good thing about it for the fans, besides the lower cost of seeing games relative to other venues, is they can sell their tickets to Pats and usually another game and more than cover the cost of their season tickets.

A one and done deal? Well, it's got a few years left. Anyway, I'm sure it's already a one and done--the canadians are taking a bath on this deal. They would be nuts to pay this again ($10 million a game?).

A one and done deal? Well, it's got a few years left. Anyway, I'm sure it's already a one and done--the canadians are taking a bath on this deal. They would be nuts to pay this again ($10 million a game?).

Or perhaps it was a good deal...until the situation changed? No, it was a bad deal for Toronto from the start.

The original deal was for 5 years and 8 games and Rogers Comm isn't going to break it. Whether it's already one and done is unknown, since better sales this and the next 2 years will help spur another deal, although I'm sure that if it were to happen, it would be at a lower pricetag.

When you talk about capacity, the Bills get screwed. When you look at the population of this area, and Buffalo has a 70k-plus sized stadium (downsized recently from a 80k-plus size!), and then you look at cities like Chicago having a 60k-ish sized stadiums, Buffalo doesn't stand a chance in this category.

Man, the writing is on the wall in Jacksonville. With those crushing capacity numbers, should be renamed the Jacksonville Blackout.

If anybody is moving to Los Angeles, the black hole of NFL markets, it'll be Jacksonville.

Looking more like Minnesota, but I'm sure Jax is a close 2nd ...

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/217910-forbes-without-stadium-vikes-probably-moving?eref=fromSI

The weather for the games is rarely snowy or very rainy. No more than other small market teams like Pitt or GB. Seems like a lot of the out of towners are fans of the opposing team, esp. a Steelers game.

Well, I kinda disagree. You list 2 highly successful frsnchises and yes, they too play in bad weather, That said, I wonder how loyal their fans would be after a decade of horrible drafts and utter futility, this during an ecomic depression.

Bills Fans are no joke.

Edited by Bill from NYC