Time for another "Messing with WBC" thread

DrDawkinstein

Obsess much?

ha, not really. i just find it comical, and since i was the one that made a couple threads in the past, figured i might as well keep it going as a lot of other posters get a kick out of the ridiculousness too.

plus, shining a light on the worst type of behavior this country has to offer can't be a bad thing.

you're welcome! :thumbsup:

Because it's a widely known fact that WBC's membership is growing exponentially.

It doesn't look like they're losing anyone each time these crappy protests pop up. If they add even one person, it's a win for them. I'm sure their bank account grows each time too, which is their biggest win.

It doesn't look like they're losing anyone each time these crappy protests pop up. If they add even one person, it's a win for them. I'm sure their bank account grows each time too, which is their biggest win.

WBC counted on 2 types of attention when they started this. Positive attention from a very small group of other whack-jobs. And negative attention (their main goal). They antagonize with the hopes of outraging someone, ideally to the point that they are physically assaulted. Then they can play the victim, and sue, and say their rights were infringed upon, etc.

What they DIDNT count on was the third type of attention, which is what they are getting. That being: people showing up to simply mock them into giving up. This has now successfully happened at the last 3 major protests. The best thing to do is mock and dismiss them.

They've already shown in San Francisco, at Comic Con, and now here, that once they become the joke instead of a target, they pack up and call it a day. They even went so far as canceling their other planned San Fran protests after they got laughed off the street in front of Twitter.

Ignoring them doesnt make them go away. It just allows them to keep on doing what they are doing. Trying to fight them is the worst idea as that is exactly what they want. Making them into a joke is the only way to deal with them.

Edited by DrDankenstein

You do know that WBC is nothing more than Fred Phelps' extended family with tax-exempt status, right?

You do know that WBC is nothing more than Fred Phelps' extended family with tax-exempt status, right?

Yeah, but I think we're being very naive if we think there aren't people out there who actually agree with the crap they spew.

Yeah, but I think we're being very naive if we think there aren't people out there who actually agree with the crap they spew.

the one good thing to come out of this WBC garbage is proof that there arent that many people out there who feel the same way. luckily.

WBC have a very focused, and very insane platform. it's not a large blanket philosophy that a lot of people can get under.

they are only trying to benefit a few people within their inner-circle (literally, their family).

and if you are worried about their message "catching on", then there is no better publicity than making them a joke so people disregard them. again, if people were fighting them, that gives the crazies something to fight for/against. mocking and dismissing is the best defense here.

Edited by DrDankenstein

the one good thing to come out of this WBC garbage is proof that there arent that many people out there who feel the same way. luckily.

WBC have a very focused, and very insane platform. it's not a large blanket philosophy that a lot of people can get under.

they are only trying to benefit a few people within their inner-circle (literally, their family).

and if you are worried about their message "catching on", then there is no better publicity than making them a joke so people disregard them. again, if people were fighting them, that gives the crazies something to fight for/against. mocking and dismissing is the best defense here.

It may be a crappy forum, but it still presents them with one. I'd much rather never hear their name mentioned ever again. That's the end game here, isn't it?

It may be a crappy forum, but it still presents them with one. I'd much rather never hear their name mentioned ever again. That's the end game here, isn't it?

Yes, but laughing at someone and making fun of them to the point they retreat and/or screw up, is far more effective than than just letting them play their game and causing misery IMO. I can think of a certain someone that fits that bill actually...

No doubt, but judging by the fact that the number of people protesting with "God Hates Fags" at events completely irrelevent to both God and homosexuals has increased by precisely zero in the past seven years, I'd suggest that:

1) The number of people who agree with WBC is very very small, and

2) WBC's antics are not exactly providing such people any encouragement to speak out.

No doubt, but judging by the fact that the number of people protesting with "God Hates Fags" at events completely irrelevent to both God and homosexuals has increased by precisely zero in the past seven years, I'd suggest that:

1) The number of people who agree with WBC is very very small, and

2) WBC's antics are not exactly providing such people any encouragement to speak out.

I don't believe for a second that even the WBC actually believes that garbage. There will be plenty of people out there though that agree with their anti-gay sentiment, but obviously not to the fake extremes they've taken it to.

• 7 months later...