Strap your helmets on Bills fans,the next 2 weeks will surely kill you

Good Morning Bills fans.........

Just thought I would spend some time discussing the next 2 weeks. I will give you the situation, you can draw your own conclusion.

#1 The 2010 draft was deep. Most GM's claim they added players AFTER the draft that will make the team.

#2 Big name players will be waived as the NFL prepares for a possible strike or lockout.

Every team will attempt to trade these players with little success. Happens every year, this year will be worse.

#3 Buffalo has a new GM and coaching staff looking to rebuild a franchise with talented players.

#4 Buffalo has more cash the 85% of the teams. The Bills will look for value over talent, this also happens every year.

#5 Prepare yourself for a long list of waived players that do not fit Buffalo's Offense or Defense.Some players are overpriced for the market, some will have injury concerns.Some will be old and the Bills are not looking for the QUICK FIX.

Here is the biggest problem. Fans judge weaknesses based on last years team, most fans give up on players and have no patience for improvement.

The Bills have 23 returning players from IR, some of these players will return and fill a weakness.

Buddy Nix will have a shopping list but HIS list is different then yours!

Some fans will be frustrated because the Bills will pass on Big Name players.

This also happens every year. Be prepared for a long list!!!

DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS,but this should be an interesting next 2 weeks :flirt:

Strap on your helmets Bill fans, the next 2 weeks will surely kill some of you!

I have one prediction for you today, John Wendling is sadly missed on special teams and pending a physical, could be back!

-DIEHARD 1967

Good post. Because of #3, #4, and #5 I don't expect to see us sign anybody ... maybe a player in the very thin areas such as TE, LB, or OT.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF there is no cap why is there a penalty for spending?

I think the thought is teams will try to tighten up the payroll in preparation of the lockout...and the Flozells and other high priced FAs will be on the market longer than usual until their contact demands line up with a pre-lockout budget.

• 2 weeks later...