Parents redshirting their kids...

Beerball

Care to elaborate on what this has to do with two income families and daycare?

As 2 income parents can't stay home with the kiddies, daycare has become more than "daycare" it has become "intro-kindergarten". The schools recognize this and now have 1st grade curriculum in kindergarten. I've seen this as my manager's son started kindergarten and showed me the grading card. No more plays well with others, colors inside the lines, knows A,B, C's, and naps well. That is what I am basing my comment from.

Parents taking a leading role in their children's education? Blashpemy! Heresy I say.

It is the role of the state. Without the guidance of the state, these children may not come to understand the benefit of student loans and 30 year mortgages.

:D

This has been going on forever, except it dosen't always happen in kindergarden and no one ever used a cool sounding sports term to describe the practice. It is not unusual at all to hold back kids who are on the small/young/immature end of the scale at some point in their childhood and it certainly can be beneficial for the child.

:D

This has been going on forever, except it dosen't always happen in kindergarden and no one ever used a cool sounding sports term to describe the practice. It is not unusual at all to hold back kids who are on the small/young/immature end of the scale at some point in their childhood and it certainly can be beneficial for the child.

Do you think I can get a 'do over'?

As 2 income parents can't stay home with the kiddies, daycare has become more than "daycare" it has become "intro-kindergarten". The schools recognize this and now have 1st grade curriculum in kindergarten. I've seen this as my manager's son started kindergarten and showed me the grading card. No more plays well with others, colors inside the lines, knows A,B, C's, and naps well. That is what I am basing my comment from.

Great theory, except that isn't what the article is about. As a matter of fact the phenomenon that the article describes is pretty much the opposite of what you're saying.

Great theory, except that isn't what the article is about. As a matter of fact the phenomenon that the article describes is pretty much the opposite of what you're saying.

I don't think so, I believe that my theory is pretty much what the article is saying. Example: "rigor", "full day kindergarten".

Actually, pretty much that exact things was in the article.

Huh? All I remember of Kindergarten is naps, milk and frying ants in the play ground with a magnifying glass. Is this really all people have to worry about? Send the brat to school, for Christs sake.

I remember reading by myself in the corner while the stupid kids (i.e. everyone else) were trying to learn how to tie their shoes.

That really explains a hell of a lot about me, come to think of it.

:worthy:

I remember reading by myself in the corner while the stupid kids (i.e. everyone else) were trying to learn how to tie their shoes.

That really explains a hell of a lot about me, come to think of it.

Same here, but do DC comics count? And yes, frying the ants with a MG was cool. Inhuman monster or budding optical genius? In todays world they may have played it safe and sedated me.