Dem's can do the right thing with their $$$.

I have consistently made the point that liberals are their own worst enemy, and, the worst enemy of anybody they claim to represent. I have a ton of examples. Please understand, I do not question their motives and often I agree with them. However, I, and clearly, the majority of Americans, have serious problems with their methods.

A new example of this "method" problem is now on the horizon: Will House Dems risk a rout?

Taking the prescribed grain of salt with this article, it still raises an interesting dilemma. All wishful thinking aside, the facts are that the Republicans will probably at least take the House. At this point, the "right thing to do" appears to be: limit the damage and fully support the "soldier incumbents".

My question is: given the Democrats long history of getting the exact opposite results that they intend, due to their poor methods, do you expect them to do the smart thing here?

(Hint: another way to ask this is what would the post-1994 Bill Clinton do?)

I have consistently made the point that liberals are their own worst enemy, and, the worst enemy of anybody they claim to represent. I have a ton of examples. Please understand, I do not question their motives and often I agree with them. However, I, and clearly, the majority of Americans, have serious problems with their methods.

A new example of this "method" problem is now on the horizon: Will House Dems risk a rout?

Taking the prescribed grain of salt with this article, it still raises an interesting dilemma. All wishful thinking aside, the facts are that the Republicans will probably at least take the House. At this point, the "right thing to do" appears to be: limit the damage and fully support the "soldier incumbents".

My question is: given the Democrats long history of getting the exact opposite results that they intend, due to their poor methods, do you expect them to do the smart thing here?

(Hint: another way to ask this is what would the post-1994 Bill Clinton do?)

I expect them to continue to blame Bush for everything during the campaign and try to scare voters away from voting for Republicans. With control of Congress comes a record and they certainly can't run on that.

It won't make a difference where they put their money. As Barry said, what swept him and other Dems into office was anti-Republican sentiment over the poor job they were doing, with minorities and Independents coming out to vote. Well here we are 2 years later and things have only gotten worse. You think the minorities and Independents are going to come out in the same numbers, much less vote for Dems? I don't.

It won't make a difference where they put their money. As Barry said, what swept him and other Dems into office was anti-Republican sentiment over the poor job they were doing, with minorities and Independents coming out to vote. Well here we are 2 years later and things have only gotten worse. You think the minorities and Independents are going to come out in the same numbers, much less vote for Dems? I don't.

So, you think its a rout regardless, no matter what they do?

I don't. I think they have a chance to lose big, and not lose massively. I think that once again they are facing a large and complicated problem, and will fail to solve it. I think that what they do has little chance of being in line with their goals, or the country's in terms of making sure the best stay in office, and little chance of providing a solution that makes things better, rather than worse.

Their batting average says they will put the money into the losing races, and ignore the ones they have a chance at saving, risking everything. And, when they get routed, instead of learning from their mistakes, they will busy themselves with blaming everyone else.

So, you think its a rout regardless, no matter what they do?

I don't. I think they have a chance to lose big, and not lose massively. I think that once again they are facing a large and complicated problem, and will fail to solve it. I think that what they do has little chance of being in line with their goals, or the country's in terms of making sure the best stay in office, and little chance of providing a solution that makes things better, rather than worse.

Their batting average says they will put the money into the losing races, and ignore the ones they have a chance at saving, risking everything. And, when they get routed, instead of learning from their mistakes, they will busy themselves with blaming everyone else.

I think they'll lose the majority in the House and Senate. Whether it's by just barely or enough to give the Repubs a super majority I can't say, but just a simple majority in both houses would be enough of a victory for the Repubs.

I think they'll lose the majority in the House and Senate. Whether it's by just barely or enough to give the Repubs a super majority I can't say, but just a simple majority in both houses would be enough of a victory for the Repubs.

The Republicans should gut the House with relative ease. The Senate could be problematic because only 1/3 of the seats are in the running, and they aren't necessarily the most advantageous seats for the Republicans. Either way, the Dems are in trouble, and with Obama seeming to have caught Biden's gaff-a-day syndrome this could be a long election year for them.

The Republicans should gut the House with relative ease. The Senate could be problematic because only 1/3 of the seats are in the running, and they aren't necessarily the most advantageous seats for the Republicans. Either way, the Dems are in trouble, and with Obama seeming to have caught Biden's gaff-a-day syndrome this could be a long election year for them.

I really don't see what the Dems can hang their hats on that the Repubs won't destroy. But anything can and usually does happen, so it will be interesting to see.

Electing people because of who they are NOT is what got us into this FUBARed mess in the first place. Not sure why people are so timid, but if you wanna kick the crap out of the left in November and beyond, it's as simple as running on three basic plans:

(1) Paul Ryan's Roadmap for America's Future needs to be packaged and presented in a way that can quickly be understood, and that means better defining the fact that it doesn't just do away with Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security as the left incorrectly argues to scare people. As with anything, when it's left undefined, other's define it for you. It's what is happening to Obama's policies and it happened early with Ryan's plan; but it's a PLAN, dammit, and it's something to build on and get behind to reduce spending and give the economy the confidence it needs for companies to begin hiring again.

(2) Defund Obamacare. Don't try to talk about repeal (like McCain is suddenly doing) because you're not repealing anything leading up to the mid-terms. Just promote the efforts to defund it. Almost 60% of Americans hate the law and an equal amount want it stopped. Don't overpromise with repeal, which Obama can veto. Start with defunding and people will vote for you. Great article from WSJ on the "realistic" steps to take.

(3)Start talking about the bigass wall you're going to build on the border with Mexico. There's amazing national support for SB1070. Embrace it and kick the liberals' asses with it.

In addition to this stances, they need to stop yapping about stupid crap like the Mosque. It's a ridiculous discussion that takes away from the real problems this country faces. LIkewise, stop with Boehner's ridiculous "fire Geithner and Summers" garbage.

The temperament of the American people is putting November and 2012 on a freaking plate for the GOP, and the only way to make real gains in both houses is to offer something other than "We're not Obama."

Electing people because of who they are NOT is what got us into this FUBARed mess in the first place. Not sure why people are so timid, but if you wanna kick the crap out of the left in November and beyond, it's as simple as running on three basic plans:

(1) Paul Ryan's Roadmap for America's Future needs to be packaged and presented in a way that can quickly be understood, and that means better defining the fact that it doesn't just do away with Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security as the left incorrectly argues to scare people. As with anything, when it's left undefined, other's define it for you. It's what is happening to Obama's policies and it happened early with Ryan's plan; but it's a PLAN, dammit, and it's something to build on and get behind to reduce spending and give the economy the confidence it needs for companies to begin hiring again.

(2) Defund Obamacare. Don't try to talk about repeal (like McCain is suddenly doing) because you're not repealing anything leading up to the mid-terms. Just promote the efforts to defund it. Almost 60% of Americans hate the law and an equal amount want it stopped. Don't overpromise with repeal, which Obama can veto. Start with defunding and people will vote for you. Great article from WSJ on the "realistic" steps to take.

(3)Start talking about the bigass wall you're going to build on the border with Mexico. There's amazing national support for SB1070. Embrace it and kick the liberals' asses with it.

In addition to this stances, they need to stop yapping about stupid crap like the Mosque. It's a ridiculous discussion that takes away from the real problems this country faces. LIkewise, stop with Boehner's ridiculous "fire Geithner and Summers" garbage.

The temperament of the American people is putting November and 2012 on a freaking plate for the GOP, and the only way to make real gains in both houses is to offer something other than "We're not Obama."

Good post. Not sure if I agree with it, or not. But good post.

One thing you fail to understand, though...a plan, a platform, actual coherent policy statements? Don't matter. The American public wants rainbow-farting unicorns.