Bears sign Todd Collins

tomdayfan

Yeah I agree. I wish we would have Kept him and had Flutie be the starter, instead of going after Johnson. I would have loved to have that pick whoever that would have been I remember we gave up a first and fourth for him, and we all know how good that turned out. If you remember we were pretty stacked in 1998. He would have been a great back up having a full year under his wings. He was always a great guy who could come in and win games for you. I remember the ones when Jim Kelly went down. He did great as the back up then.

Exactly. The Jags used our 1st round pick for Fred Taylor. Taylor would have been a great RB to have considering Thurman was on the downside of his career at that point. I think the Flutie/Collins combo would have been good. Flutie could have mentored Collins and the Bills could have given Collins another shot a few years later.

You're right about Collins being a good backup to Jim Kelly. In September 96', I was home on leave from the Marines before getting stationed over in Okinawa and decided to go to the game vs the Colts. Collins played that game and we won 13-10 in OT.