Losman

Careful there are still some who believe he is the answer for the Bills.

I'm not anywhere close to sure that he is, but I know Fitzpatrick's limitations for sure! Remember one of the reasons we're hanging onto Trent Edwards is that Chan Gailey has the reputation or resurrecting previously failed QB's careers. Maybe, JP Lossman is the one with that potential? He was more of a gunslinger than Trent is? We don't need a timid QB like Trent Edwards. I'm not so sure we want Lossman, but hopefully the coaching staff is doing it's research on him to see if he's servicable. Hopefully the scouts and coaches are also looking at other options for QB, including other teams QB's that are cut, developing Brohm or Levi Brown, drafting a QB high in next years draft, or trades.

I think the most likely scenarion is to draft a QB next year with their 1st round selection. I don't think they are bad enough to get a top 3 pick, but I think they should be able to muster a pick between 5-8 range. I don't know if they will have the cahonas to make a big splash in the draft by using their first round pick on a QB ?? I thought that having an opportunity to take Jimmy Claussen in the second round was worth the risk, considering they could have got him cheaper than if they signed him in the first round. There was good value in making the pick with the potential for high reward. No givens with QB's, but at some point you have to take that risk and the Bills have not been willing to take that risk since drafting J.P. Lossman.

So to be able to get a player that may still have NFL potential for practically nothing is a low risk with the potential for high reward. Even though I don't think it would work out well, I think it is a no-brainer to at least give it a test drive for a month or so and see if he still has

a NFL future! But being the Bills, a no-brainer means that they won't do it...just like drafting Bryan Orakapo DE over Aaron Maybin was a no-brainer, the Bills instead took the road not taken by most NFL teams and drafted the smaller player, that statistically offered a little less, with a shorter resume of college success, and like most of their drafts they probably failed miserably once again.