Schouman: Imagine that.

Dr. Trooth

Shouman goes down again... what a surprise. Ain't a whole lot of 223 lb. TEs that survive in the NFL. Except for Shannon Sharpe... a hall of famer, I don't know of any TEs of that size that have made any impct or held up over the last 10 seasons. You can count the under 240 lb. TEs on half a hand.

OK... so, he's a good physical blocker and a good down the seam receiver. But, "hurt don't play at all". He can't take the physical punishment inside at TE... it's been demonstrated ad nauseum.

So...

I don't have a clue as to why the Bills...

1) Wouldn't give him a shot on the outside as a possession type, blocking receiver... for Christ's sake, Chad Jackson weighs the same and is a coulpe inches shorter. They wouldn't stick Chad at TE, and he has a lower center of gravity for blocking inside.

2) Just out right release him and do some serious shopping for a TE... The Bills have at least one corner and Marshawn to dangle....

Like it or not, Schouman might be the best TE on the Bills roster right now, that isn't suspended. Unless of course Klopfenstein is back on the roster today. I can't keep track with that guy.

Stupar is okay but he honestly doesn't possess the all around tools that Schouman has. I just hope Schouman's injury isn't long term. Schouman's loss might be somewhat devastating to a team that is really thin at a vital position.

Like it or not, Schouman might be the best TE on the Bills roster right now, that isn't suspended. Unless of course Klopfenstein is back on the roster today. I can't keep track with that guy.

Stupar is okay but he honestly doesn't possess the all around tools that Schouman has. I just hope Schouman's injury isn't long term. Schouman's loss might be somewhat devastating to a team that is really thin at a vital position.

Nah---the Bills obviously haven't considered TE a "vital position" for a very long time.