Brohm

I think once Gailey watches the game film he'll realize that Brohm should start the next game against the 1's. Like many of you, I wasn't overly impressed with Edwards except the one long pass to Evans. Brohm looked the part of an NFL QB. Calm, poised, great arm and good command.

Here's a quote that bodes well for BB:

Gailey was asked if he would consider starting Brohm in a preseason game. Buffalo’s head coach left the door open.

“Would we (consider it)? Oh sure,” said Gailey. “We’d consider using any of them that we’ve got. Yeah I’ll consider it.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...86-71416d32abb0

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think once Gailey watches the game film he'll realize that Brohm should start the next game against the 1's. Like many of you, I wasn't overly impressed with Edwards except the one long pass to Evans. Brohm looked the part of an NFL QB. Calm, poised, great arm and good command.

Gailey was asked if he would consider starting Brohm in a preseason game. Buffalo’s head coach left the door open.

“Would we (consider it)? Oh sure,” said Gailey. “We’d consider using any of them that we’ve got. Yeah I’ll consider it.”

They might want to let him play to showcase him, maybe they can get a draft pick or something for him instead of just cutting him in a few weeks and getting nothing for him.

I'm not getting the impression Chan is completely sold on TE as the starting QB, and would not be surprised to see BB get to start a game. Right now I suspect Fitz is beginning (beginning, mind you) to look like the odd man out in the equation. This evaluation may go on a little longer than comfortable.

What exactly did Brohm do that Edwards hasn't done numerous times? He took the safe short stuff, just like Trent, and the Brohm boys are getting turned on. If you switched the names on their performances, Brohm's boys would be complaining about the QB not getting into the endzone & the numerous short throws for completions. They would have blamed Trent for no TD and having to settle for a FG before halftime. If Brohm had that long pass, they would have been anointing him the next Kelly.

Look at the Tim Graham article in another thread for an unbiased opinion of what the QBs did last night.

What exactly did Brohm do that Edwards hasn't done numerous times? He took the safe short stuff, just like Trent, and the Brohm boys are getting turned on. If you switched the names on their performances, Brohm's boys would be complaining about the QB not getting into the endzone & the numerous short throws for completions. They would have blamed Trent for no TD and having to settle for a FG before halftime. If Brohm had that long pass, they would have been anointing him the next Kelly.

Look at the Tim Graham article in another thread for an unbiased opinion of what the QBs did last night.

Give it up albany, Brohm is a way better QB the Trent could ever be and you know it!

Nice try, Trent - how's Dakota doin'? :thumbsup:

What exactly did Brohm do that Edwards hasn't done numerous times?

He completed some passes of 10-20 yards, including over the middle. The current established weakspot for Trent. While I was encouraged by Trent overall, mostly it was one bomb to Lee (a great one) and more of the same. If he didn't complete that single pass or Lee dropped it, etc., I think we would be very down on Trent right now for his otherwise disappointing 4-7 for 23 yards.

Obviously that bomb helps his cause, like when JP hit the two 83 yard bombs against the Texans a few years back, but it might be the outlier of an otherwise disappointing game that did not reflect any real progress on his part.

I'm still happy with the points on the board and it was nice to see him bounce back from the hit he took. And Brohm failed to get in the end zone and was playing against backups. But in terms of actual plays and actual throws, I was more impressed with Brohm.

Brohm struggled to punch it in against benchmen.

Brohm looked okay, but didn't do anything to take the job. Edwards looked good and didn't do anything to suggest they are going to bench him. When it's all said and done, Edwards will be the starter, Brohm will be number 2 and Fitz will get cut. They know what Fitz can and can't do and he's making more money than the other two. Brohm has shown he's a least as good as Fitz and he still has upside. Brohm will see the field once Edwards gets hurt. The Bills will draft a QB in the first round next year and not re-sign Edwards. Brohm and the drafted QB will battle it out and the drafted QB will be #1 and Brohm will be the back-up next year. In otherwords, the quarterback competition doesn't really mean anything, because we'll have a new QB next year anyway.

Brohm looked okay, but didn't do anything to take the job. Edwards looked good and didn't do anything to suggest they are going to bench him. When it's all said and done, Edwards will be the starter, Brohm will be number 2 and Fitz will get cut. They know what Fitz can and can't do and he's making more money than the other two. Brohm has shown he's a least as good as Fitz and he still has upside. Brohm will see the field once Edwards gets hurt. The Bills will draft a QB in the first round next year and not re-sign Edwards. Brohm and the drafted QB will battle it out and the drafted QB will be #1 and Brohm will be the back-up next year. In otherwords, the quarterback competition doesn't really mean anything, because we'll have a new QB next year anyway.

So when exactly was Trent anointed the starter? If Brohm is better than Fitz, as you say, and all Fitz did was outplay Trent last year, wouldn't that make Brohm a better QB than Trent?

After what I seen last night Brohm will be the starter for this team on opening day.

Oh yeah!! Ba BOOM!!

Well put Albany.

Oh yeah!! Ba BOOM!!

?????

Exactly what is it about me that attracts you so?

:w00t::thumbsup:

Brohm struggled to punch it in against benchmen.

I know the thread title didn't say "back door left open" but shouldn't you be greasin' up and 'punchin' it in your own 'benchmen' buddies on...

Herring Cove ????

You know it struck me Brohm should be better. Better college career, better college program, reportedly bigger arm, higher draft pick.

Depth chart however says he is still not as good as ol' Trenty at the moment... unfortunate for all the folks with an Edwards vendetta.

Oh don't you worry it's just a matter of time.

So when exactly was Trent anointed the starter? If Brohm is better than Fitz, as you say, and all Fitz did was outplay Trent last year, wouldn't that make Brohm a better QB than Trent?

After what I seen last night Brohm will be the starter for this team on opening day.

There was an announcement going into training camp that TE would be #1 on the depth chart. There should be a link on this site somewhere…