Very quick thoughts and observations

ACor58

After Trent got popped, it sounds strange, but I felt like he might have gotten some sense knocked into him. He looked like he was fired up and he was definitely pumped after the bomb to Evans. I can't remember the last time I saw him that excited. As great as the bomb was, I thought his best pass was the one he dropped over the corner into Steve Johnsons hands (even though Steve dropped it). My optimism is gaurded - He typically plays well against 4-3 but I will not become a believer until he does it against a 3-4 Defense.

Joique Bell may have seperated himself from Chad Simpson as a back up RB, but I really think that Simpson has a lot to offer in the return game. His straight away speed is impressive.

Did Drayton Florence really get called for 3 holding penalties. McKelvin was awesome and Donte was the complete opposite as he was last week against Washington.

Did anyone else see Maybin get stood up and dropped by the up man (a running back) on the punt return in the 3rd quarter. That was pathetic.

Do we have any tight ends and are they ever open? I noticed that Manning went to his TEs quite a bit and as I was flipping to the NE game they went to their TEs several times.