Optimism for 2010 Season

Rieman23

QB - Trent in the past has had the tools we needed to win. Im not saying he great but when he has confindence and is upright, he has enough talent to win. As a rookie he had that Redskins game where he drove us down for the game winning FG. Idn if he could ever lead us deep into the playoffs or anything of that sort but he's decent enough to get there I think. I'm sick of game manager QBs but he's probably the best we got unless Brohm comes out and proves he's worth that 2nd rd pick status. The thing I would like to actually see out of Trent, is that hard and fast throw over the middle. I've seen Trent throw the deepball to the sidelines, I've seen him do the play action bootleg to the FB or TE, the quick throws outside, and the CHECKDOWNS, but I never see him throw that fastball over the middle for more than 10+. All the good QBs do that. Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Manning they all do that. I know Trent ain't in their league but he has to stop being afraid and just let it fly. He keeps us in most games, he got stop just keeping us in it and starts helping us win some.

TE - What the hell is going on with Shaun Nelson. Why isn't he starting? I hope it's just competition from Stupar and Gailey not considering really starting Stupar. If Stupar is working hard and is doing well thats great and all for him as the #2 TE, I want Shaun Nelson our fast athletic tall TE to be out there. He's a great receiver threat. I know he has trouble blocking at some points but I want Nelson everytime over Stupar.

Defense - I want to see some blitzing and some disguised blitz packages or something of that sort. If its just preseason and they don't want to give away their looks then Ok, but I hope this vanilla 3-4 isn't how were gona be playing during the season. Also I really don't want Kelsay out there. If its an obvious run situation or he's pash rushing then I guess it's alright but I don't even want to imagine him in coverage or covering a TE. I want to see Ellis out there. He looks alot bigger than years past and I think he might finally be ready. He has great speed, fastest out of the combine for his draft year. Also I want to see Troupe and Carrington rotating in during the season. Keep everybody fresh. And finally idn about McGee. During the redskins preseason game last week he looked bad. That one receiver made him look silly with that quick cut outside and he allowed the TD on the play where the receiver got better ball position and then out fought him into the endzone. I wouldn't mind seeing Florence and McKelvin instead.

Gameplan - The Jets who the bills beat in NY, and let them get off the hook in TO, went all the way to the AFC championship game last year. Sanchez sucks. They did that through an aggressive defense and running the ball. They ran it 59% of the time last year. Highest in the NFL. We should run the ball 60% of the time with Jackson, Lynch and Spiller. Seriously why not, it would definitely help our time of possession problem and keep our defense off the field more because they always seem to get tired out and lose a step in the 4th quarter. And also whoever our QB is, it would put less pressure on him. Run the ball, and blitz blitz blitz on D.

QB - Trent in the past has had the tools we needed to win. Im not saying he great but when he has confindence and is upright, he has enough talent to win. As a rookie he had that Redskins game where he drove us down for the game winning FG. Idn if he could ever lead us deep into the playoffs or anything of that sort but he's decent enough to get there I think. I'm sick of game manager QBs but he's probably the best we got unless Brohm comes out and proves he's worth that 2nd rd pick status. The thing I would like to actually see out of Trent, is that hard and fast throw over the middle. I've seen Trent throw the deepball to the sidelines, I've seen him do the play action bootleg to the FB or TE, the quick throws outside, and the CHECKDOWNS, but I never see him throw that fastball over the middle for more than 10+. All the good QBs do that. Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Manning they all do that. I know Trent ain't in their league but he has to stop being afraid and just let it fly. He keeps us in most games, he got stop just keeping us in it and starts helping us win some.

TE - What the hell is going on with Shaun Nelson. Why isn't he starting? I hope it's just competition from Stupar and Gailey not considering really starting Stupar. If Stupar is working hard and is doing well thats great and all for him as the #2 TE, I want Shaun Nelson our fast athletic tall TE to be out there. He's a great receiver threat. I know he has trouble blocking at some points but I want Nelson everytime over Stupar.

Defense - I want to see some blitzing and some disguised blitz packages or something of that sort. If its just preseason and they don't want to give away their looks then Ok, but I hope this vanilla 3-4 isn't how were gona be playing during the season. Also I really don't want Kelsay out there. If its an obvious run situation or he's pash rushing then I guess it's alright but I don't even want to imagine him in coverage or covering a TE. I want to see Ellis out there. He looks alot bigger than years past and I think he might finally be ready. He has great speed, fastest out of the combine for his draft year. Also I want to see Troupe and Carrington rotating in during the season. Keep everybody fresh. And finally idn about McGee. During the redskins preseason game last week he looked bad. That one receiver made him look silly with that quick cut outside and he allowed the TD on the play where the receiver got better ball position and then out fought him into the endzone. I wouldn't mind seeing Florence and McKelvin instead.

Gameplan - The Jets who the bills beat in NY, and let them get off the hook in TO, went all the way to the AFC championship game last year. Sanchez sucks. They did that through an aggressive defense and running the ball. They ran it 59% of the time last year. Highest in the NFL. We should run the ball 60% of the time with Jackson, Lynch and Spiller. Seriously why not, it would definitely help our time of possession problem and keep our defense off the field more because they always seem to get tired out and lose a step in the 4th quarter. And also whoever our QB is, it would put less pressure on him. Run the ball, and blitz blitz blitz on D.

Captain Checkdown is good for a FG on most drives. Good thing we did not need a TD. Trentative would have thrown a 2yd dumpoff on fourth and 7 to end the game.