Unintentionally funny

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/18/opinion/18dowd.html

The war against the terrorists is not a war against Islam. In fact, you can’t have an effective war against the terrorists if it is a war on Islam.

George W. Bush understood this. And it is odd to see Barack Obama less clear about this matter than his predecessor. It’s time for W. to weigh in.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/18/opinion/18dowd.html

The war against the terrorists is not a war against Islam. In fact, you can’t have an effective war against the terrorists if it is a war on Islam.

George W. Bush understood this. And it is odd to see Barack Obama less clear about this matter than his predecessor. It’s time for W. to weigh in.

That's one of the better opinion pieces I've read recently, despite the reminder that George II wasn't completely virtueless.

Every (what you people call liberal) political commentator I've seen has ragged on Obama for that "I was not commenting, and I will not comment, on the wisdom of making the decision to put a mosque there" statement. It's pretty universally viewed as a weakling move on his part.

While most (what you people call) liberals agree Bush was not very smart, for the most part us (what you people call) liberals admire his resolve.

Every (what you people call liberal) political commentator I've seen has ragged on Obama for that "I was not commenting, and I will not comment, on the wisdom of making the decision to put a mosque there" statement. It's pretty universally viewed as a weakling move on his part.

While most (what you people call) liberals agree Bush was not very smart, for the most part us (what you people call) liberals admire his resolve.

True, while we thought Bush was a idiot and Cheney evil incarnate, we wish more of our progressives had Bush's stubbornness or Cheney's diabolically clever ability to manipulate.

Conner, conner, conner... :thumbsup: We don't call you a "liberal". We call you a retard.

Conner, conner, conner... :worthy: We don't call you a "liberal". We call you a retard.

And is it really resolve that he continues to post here?

I think it's more of a bird-brained like conditioned response.

"Hello, sun's up! Hello I'm here!"