Trade?

BillsFan74

Does a trade make sense for the Bills or do we lose and take the picks? I know big NFL trades are not common, but with the Chargers having problems with McNeil, Jackson, and Merriman is there a possible trade? If so who could we move to get back some quality? Is it time for the FO to consider trading Evans to get a LT and or a LB??

Does a trade make sense for the Bills or do we lose and take the picks? I know big NFL trades are not common, but with the Chargers having problems with McNeil, Jackson, and Merriman is there a possible trade? If so who could we move to get back some quality? Is it time for the FO to consider trading Evans to get a LT and or a LB??

Merriman reported to camp and after the injury and suspension is a shell of his former self. I'm not sure what you mean "do we lose and take the picks." I'm not sure there is a huge market for Evans, he has a large contract that he hasn't performed up to. Also, I doubt the Chargers would give up on McNeil or Jackson as they are their franchise players who they will eventually pay.

Merriman reported to camp and after the injury and suspension is a shell of his former self. I'm not sure what you mean "do we lose and take the picks." I'm not sure there is a huge market for Evans, he has a large contract that he hasn't performed up to. Also, I doubt the Chargers would give up on McNeil or Jackson as they are their franchise players who they will eventually pay.

Evans contract is quite affordable right now. This year he gets $5.4 mil, but 2011 and 2012 he gets $3.025 mil (each year). Quite reasonable for a guy with his talent.

Evans contract is quite affordable right now. This year he gets $5.4 mil, but 2011 and 2012 he gets $3.025 mil (each year). Quite reasonable for a guy with his talent.

Yup, and not to mention that the rediculous bashing of Evans on this board is not a reflection of how he is viewed across the league. If he was made available there would be a lot of of interest as he is considered a major talent who is suffering from atrocious QB play and a awful scheme the last few seasons.

Yup, and not to mention that the rediculous bashing of Evans on this board is not a reflection of how he is viewed across the league. If he was made available there would be a lot of of interest as he is considered a major talent who is suffering from atrocious QB play and a awful scheme the last few seasons.

What he said!

I think at this point, you just have to accept the fact that we've probably already talked to them about it, and no deal was able to be made. On with the awfulness!! Let's hope we can find bits and pieces of hope and potential for the future, and that the scheme looks good enough that when we get good players it can be effective.

Slow down I was not bashing Evans, I was saying he might be the only player on the roster good enough to bring back talent at LT if there were a trade.

Guest dog14787
Slow down I was not bashing Evans, I was saying he might be the only player on the roster good enough to bring back talent at LT if there were a trade.

I wouldn't worry about it and besides you make a good point.

Evans is practically useless without the proper QB protection and is the only Bill player that's probably worth anything in a trade.

Not even sure how much attention Evans would get in a trade to be honest...