Seahawks trade former 1st rounder.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=5474214

Would anybody have wanted this guy?

I think he would have been worth a 6th round pick...just as I thought Balmer would have been worth the pick up.

We do not have enough 3-4 bodies...the more we get, the better...Even if it does cost a 6th rounder.

I would rather have THIS guy (AND K. Balmer) than say, Arthur Moats. Just saying!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=5474214

Would anybody have wanted this guy?

I think he would have been worth a 6th round pick...just as I thought Balmer would have been worth the pick up.

We do not have enough 3-4 bodies...the more we get, the better...Even if it does cost a 6th rounder.

I would rather have THIS guy (AND K. Balmer) than say, Arthur Moats. Just saying!

I do'nt know about Jackson, but we are missing nothing with Balmer. The guy has an attitude problem and has done nothing with the 49'ers.

Also Arthur Moats is a LB not a DL, lay off the guy, he might just turn out to be a good player.

I do'nt know about Jackson, but we are missing nothing with Balmer. The guy has an attitude problem and has done nothing with the 49'ers.

Also Arthur Moats is a LB not a DL, lay off the guy, he might just turn out to be a good player.

I know what position Moats plays...I am just saying, Jackson is more worth a 6th round pick at this point, than Moats.

Arthur Moats looked god-awful the other night. He did not look like he belonged on an NFL field. However, don't get me wrong here, I do like the kid and hopes he turns out to be a steal...just like Batten. I think they both have potential...but my point was, Moats is a project right now.

If you are going to spend a 6th on an undersized DE/OLB project and move him to MLB...why not spend a 6th on a guy who was a 1st round draft pick, has talent and could fit perfectly into your defensive scheme?

I just dont see where we would have gone wrong picking up a 3-4 DE and a 3-4 DT...for 2 6th round picks.

The hating on Arthur Moats for sucking as ILB in his first ever snaps at the position is beyond stupid.

Not only is it unfair given how new he is to the position, it was idiotic that the Bills projected him inside. Because he's only 6' 249? Oh, you mean like James Harrison - the guy he most closely resembles on the field.

I know what position Moats plays...I am just saying, Jackson is more worth a 6th round pick at this point, than Moats.

Arthur Moats looked god-awful the other night. He did not look like he belonged on an NFL field. However, don't get me wrong here, I do like the kid and hopes he turns out to be a steal...just like Batten. I think they both have potential...but my point was, Moats is a project right now.

If you are going to spend a 6th on an undersized DE/OLB project and move him to MLB...why not spend a 6th on a guy who was a 1st round draft pick, has talent and could fit perfectly into your defensive scheme?

I just dont see where we would have gone wrong picking up a 3-4 DE and a 3-4 DT...for 2 6th round picks.

But who do those guys replace? They're likely to keep 4 DEs, maybe 5. They have Stroud, Edwards, Johnson, and Carrington all of whom you would have to guess are valued higher than those two. The Bills also have their own low 1st round bust in McCargo whose value is probably on par with either Balmer or Jackson if they are to keep 5. So they'd be trading a 6th round pick for a guy who will more than likely be cut.

The hating on Arthur Moats for sucking as ILB in his first ever snaps at the position is beyond stupid.

Not only is it unfair given how new he is to the position, it was idiotic that the Bills projected him inside. Because he's only 6' 249? Oh, you mean like James Harrison - the guy he most closely resembles on the field.

Did you not read the rest of what I wrote? You are like a woman with your selective hearing.

I said I LIKE Moats and hope he turns into a player. I just think we have a quality set of ILB's...and that makes him just another Alvin Bowen or Ashlee Palmer or Nic Harris or Marcus Buggs.

But who do those guys replace? They're likely to keep 4 DEs, maybe 5. They have Stroud, Edwards, Johnson, and Carrington all of whom you would have to guess are valued higher than those two. The Bills also have their own low 1st round bust in McCargo whose value is probably on par with either Balmer or Jackson if they are to keep 5. So they'd be trading a 6th round pick for a guy who will more than likely be cut.

Maybe Balmer would be a reach...but I think Jackson could have had a place on this team and I would have cut John McCargo to make room for Jackson. McCargo has proved he CANT play...Jackson has proved he CAN.

I am also not really sold on Spencer Johnson...but I think he will make for a better 3-4 DE than 4-3 DT.

I am just saying...I would like to at least think we inquired about this to try to improve our team, even if it was numbers wise...to have more bodies who are capable of handling the 3-4 defense.

Did you not read the rest of what I wrote? You are like a woman with your selective hearing.

I said I LIKE Moats and hope he turns into a player. I just think we have a quality set of ILB's...and that makes him just another Alvin Bowen or Ashlee Palmer or Nic Harris or Marcus Buggs.

Maybe Balmer would be a reach...but I think Jackson could have had a place on this team and I would have cut John McCargo to make room for Jackson. McCargo has proved he CANT play...Jackson has proved he CAN.

I am also not really sold on Spencer Johnson...but I think he will make for a better 3-4 DE than 4-3 DT.

I am just saying...I would like to at least think we inquired about this to try to improve our team, even if it was numbers wise...to have more bodies who are capable of handling the 3-4 defense.

Jackson has obviously not proven he can play if he was traded for a 6th round pick. Therefore you're trading a 6th round pick for someone else's garbage, and someone that Pete Carroll really knows as he's a USC guy. I'd take my chances next year with the 6th. Plus, has Jackson ever played in a 3-4 before, where are you getting that he is a 3-4 end? He's a 270 lb DE who has 6.5 sacks over two years.