Pants on the Ground

/dev/null

I like this comment-

Submitted by sillyser on Wed, 2010-08-18 16:33.Actually, I know where this originated and if these kids knew, they wouldn't be doing it. PAY ATTENTION: This originated in prison. It IS a sign to other inmates that you are available. It became a gang thing when they were released and it just became this trend that most people who wear them like that don't have a clue what it really means. TELL YOUR KIDS this and they'll NEVER wear it that way again...unless, of course, they are trying to let someone know they are available, if you know what I mean. DISGUSTING!!!!! .

so this was debunked on snopes...it did originate in prison, but was because inmates were given pants too big for them and belts are not allowed in prison, rappers adopted it and the kids imitated it.

You're correct. Most inmates are given pants with elastic wasitbands that wear out over time and without belts droop.

so this was debunked on snopes...it did originate in prison, but was because inmates were given pants too big for them and belts are not allowed in prison, rappers adopted it and the kids imitated it.

Now if only they could find the person responsible for wearing hats crooked. I'd love to go back in time and have that guy killed.