Is this where the DC backers meet?

Wacka

:lol: cops. While I think that is a stupid thing to do in a bar and could potentially end up in a disaster, (Great White fire) a quick phone call from the fire marshal's office likely would have done the trick. Those BS charges are a joke.

charged [...] with manufacturing an explosive device [...] and burning or destroying a meeting house.

"Manufacturing an explosive device" is just silly. "Burning or destroying a meeting house..." :lol: Did I miss the part where the tavern burned to the ground?

Incredibly stupid thing to do on the part of the owner/bartender, but the response sounds excessive.

Exactly - sounds like a warning would have done the trick. Perhaps if there are additional facts that show there was an explicit warning in the past an arrest would be understandable.

"Manufacturing an explosive device" is just silly. "Burning or destroying a meeting house..." :thumbsup: Did I miss the part where the tavern burned to the ground?

Reminds me of when I was a freshman in high school and we played for a dance at our school. The principal said "no pyrotechnics". Well of course we did and got hauled into his office on Monday. He gave us **** and one of our band members said we didn't use pyrotechnics, it was just a combination of saltpeter and sugar. The principal said "oh ok." As we were walking out I asked my bandmate what saltpeter and sugar is. His reply? "Gunpowder."