Craigslist Killer Commits Suicide In Jail

Steely Dan

Link

Police: Accused Craigslist killer dead of apparent suicide

By the CNN Wire Staff

August 15, 2010 5:12 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- A onetime medical student who was facing charges including first-degree murder in a killing tied to the Craigslist website died Sunday of an apparent suicide, police said.

Philip Markoff was found unresponsive in his Boston, Massachusetts, jail cell at 10:17 a.m. Sunday and pronounced dead by medics, according to officials.

The cause of death is under investigation, Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis and Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said in a statement.

"Markoff was alone in his cell and all evidence collected thus far indicates that he took his own life," the statement said. "Nonetheless, as with all such cases, a comprehensive investigation will be conducted to determine the facts and circumstances surrounding his death."

Well that saves us a lot of money and time on a trial! :wallbash:

I have a friend at med school at BU who was on the waiting list for admission and his arrest just happened to occur at the same time that she was finally officially accepted. That little coincidence has been fun.

I have a friend at med school at BU who was on the waiting list for admission and his arrest just happened to occur at the same time that she was finally officially accepted. That little coincidence has been fun.

Does she spend time on craigslist?

Evidently, people were just dying to get her in.