Darwin in action : CA truck race crash

Just Jack

It sure does.

I'd argue, "Don't allow spectators to stand next to speeding off-road trucks" fits the definition, too.

And I would counter with "It's not the organizers' responsibility to protect people from themselves."

Which is not the strongest of arguments, admittedly...but then, I believe if a jaywalking pedestrian gets hit by a car, it's the pedestrian's fault.

And I would counter with "It's not the organizers' responsibility to protect people from themselves."

Which is not the strongest of arguments, admittedly

I'll give ya that.

I have no problem assigning shared blame.

I sure hope I never get hit by a car while jaywalking. How pedestrian!

I almost got one last week. 6 lane road, 3 each direction with a median in between, and she decides she's gonna cross because it's early in the morning and little/no traffic, without looking. Luckily I saw her start across and was able to get in the other lane. She was about 3 feet away from the side of my van when I went by at 40mph. The look she gave as I went by was priceless.

Which is not the strongest of arguments, admittedly...but then, I believe if a jaywalking pedestrian gets hit by a car, it's the pedestrian's fault.

It doesn't have to be. Someone can be driving recklessly enough to far outweigh the jaywalking.