Why Levi Brown is the only REAL QB on our roster

Ok. Basically Levi is the most exciting QB on our roster and I couldn't wait to see him play vs the skins. I was pumped when they put him in ahead of Brohm, a hint he may be moving up the depth chart. He only had limited opportunities on two late drives including going 3/7 28yds 1int. Not too impressive but stats can be misleading. On the first drive we were pinned inside the two, the one throw Brown made was a slightly inaccurate attempt deep that gave the wideout a chance to make a play. The second possession ended in Brown throwing a pick on a deep slant route across the middle in tight traffic. However, the throw wasn't very far off the mark and I can't recall the last time I saw Trent even try to make a throw like that.

I just have this gut feeling that Brown is a great QB in waiting, as opposed to hoping that he is as with Losman and Trent for example. He seems confident and not overwhelmed by the game. Both Trent and Brohm are scared of the position to some extent. One is afraid to make mistakes and cant think clearly in the pocket while the others confidence is so shot that he is actually scared of success. Fitzpatrick isn't afraid like these two, but he is just not accurate or talented enough to be anything more than an average QB at best.

Psychological makeup is the most important aspect of the position and I believe Brown has the right stuff. If Brown were to get creamed I could see him getting up, laughing about it with that what the hell country boy attitude. Trent gets hit and he becomes inaccurate and makes bad decisions. One of the great things about Kelly was the way he responded to getting leveled, with grit and new resolve to make plays. If Brohm throws an interception he might beat himself up for the rest of the game, eroding his focus. If Brown throws a pick (which he very RARELY ever did in college) I could see him shrugging it off and staying positive and focused.

All of our QBs have the physical tools to be top QBs in this league. Brown has the psychological makeup to improve and master the nuances of playing QB in this league.

Thoughts?

Ok. Basically Levi is the most exciting QB on our roster and I couldn't wait to see him play vs the skins. I was pumped when they put him in ahead of Brohm, a hint he may be moving up the depth chart. He only had limited opportunities on two late drives including going 3/7 28yds 1int. Not too impressive but stats can be misleading. On the first drive we were pinned inside the two, the one throw Brown made was a slightly inaccurate attempt deep that gave the wideout a chance to make a play. The second possession ended in Brown throwing a pick on a deep slant route across the middle in tight traffic. However, the throw wasn't very far off the mark and I can't recall the last time I saw Trent even try to make a throw like that.

I just have this gut feeling that Brown is a great QB in waiting, as opposed to hoping that he is as with Losman and Trent for example. He seems confident and not overwhelmed by the game. Both Trent and Brohm are scared of the position to some extent. One is afraid to make mistakes and cant think clearly in the pocket while the others confidence is so shot that he is actually scared of success. Fitzpatrick isn't afraid like these two, but he is just not accurate or talented enough to be anything more than an average QB at best.

Psychological makeup is the most important aspect of the position and I believe Brown has the right stuff. If Brown were to get creamed I could see him getting up, laughing about it with that what the hell country boy attitude. Trent gets hit and he becomes inaccurate and makes bad decisions. One of the great things about Kelly was the way he responded to getting leveled, with grit and new resolve to make plays. If Brohm throws an interception he might beat himself up for the rest of the game, eroding his focus. If Brown throws a pick (which he very RARELY ever did in college) I could see him shrugging it off and staying positive and focused.

All of our QBs have the physical tools to be top QBs in this league. Brown has the psychological makeup to improve and master the nuances of playing QB in this league.

Thoughts?

On a team full of losers at the QB position, it's pretty natural that the unknown quantity becomes the popular choice. That said, we don't really know anything about Levi Brown. There were plenty of people saying pretty much these exact same things about Trent when Losman was the loser-du-jour.

Of course, if Levi ever does get a chance to start a few games and performs poorly, then he's the next whipping boy. And the beat goes on.

I couldn't agree more. Physical skills are certainly important, but mental agility is often overlooked. I felt the same way about Levi in the 4th quarter. Realizing he is not getting much work in practice, he still attempted deep balls; something the other two QB's failed to do.

Levi showed poise, and although missing his receivers, he didnt' appear depressed when he missed. I hope this kid pans out.

First of all, I don't think you should get your hopes up about Brown playing and Brohm not. As it stands right now, we have Trent Edwards as our starter and Levi Brown as our 3rd string project. They stated throughout the game that Ryan Fitzpatrick would get the nod as our backup in Game 1 and Brohm would play as our backup in Game 2. It's possible that Brohm or Fitz could upend Edwards as the starter, with Edwards moving to backup. But if you're hoping that Levi Brown will be our starter this year, I hope you know you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Don't get me wrong, anything's possible in this wacky league. But when you take a QB in the 6th or 7th, they're there because they're projects. Maybe someday that QB will be the next Tom Brady. But even in that Cinderella scenario, it takes years of good coaching and development. Levi so far has shown some flashes of why he was drafted into the NFL. But more often than not, I've seen a 7th Round rookie. Especially with that throw that you mentioned. I don't know what you were watching but that pass looked like an irresponsible flyer that wasn't even close. Dangerous, even.

First of all, I don't think you should get your hopes up about Brown playing and Brohm not. As it stands right now, we have Trent Edwards as our starter and Levi Brown as our 3rd string project. They stated throughout the game that Ryan Fitzpatrick would get the nod as our backup in Game 1 and Brohm would play as our backup in Game 2. It's possible that Brohm or Fitz could upend Edwards as the starter, with Edwards moving to backup. But if you're hoping that Levi Brown will be our starter this year, I hope you know you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Don't get me wrong, anything's possible in this wacky league. But when you take a QB in the 6th or 7th, they're there because they're projects. Maybe someday that QB will be the next Tom Brady. But even in that Cinderella scenario, it takes years of good coaching and development. Levi so far has shown some flashes of why he was drafted into the NFL. But more often than not, I've seen a 7th Round rookie. Especially with that throw that you mentioned. I don't know what you were watching but that pass looked like an irresponsible flyer that wasn't even close. Dangerous, even.

The pass I saw looked just a bit behind the receiver who was given a chance to make a great catch. The ball was tipped and unfortunately landed in a DBs hands.

On a team full of losers at the QB position, it's pretty natural that the unknown quantity becomes the popular choice. That said, we don't really know anything about Levi Brown. There were plenty of people saying pretty much these exact same things about Trent when Losman was the loser-du-jour.

Of course, if Levi ever does get a chance to start a few games and performs poorly, then he's the next whipping boy. And the beat goes on.

Exactly. If people are parsing Brown's performance for some tiny scrap of promise, this is a sign of extreme desperation and panic.

Relax people.

Exactly. If people are parsing Brown's performance for some tiny scrap of promise, this is a sign of extreme desperation and panic.

Relax people.

I wasnt parsing his performance for a "scrap of promise," rather I was trying to show evidence in his very limited performance in the game to support an intuitive feeling I have about the kid.

Im not desperate of panicking, I just realize that none of our trio has what it takes.

It looks to me that Levi might be legit, he has the most swagger of any QB since Flutie, who was the last QB of this team that I really liked.

Trent is not a real football player, he is a golfer (like me).

Fitz has the heart but not enough talent.

Brohm is Maverick after Goose died.

...............It looks to me that Levi might be legit, he has the most swagger of any QB since Flutie, who was the last QB of this team that I really liked.

You determined that on a 3-7 for 28 yard passing performance? Modrak, you're outta here!!! Show Me the Baby is taking over......

You determined that on a 3-7 for 28 yard passing performance? Modrak, you're outta here!!! Show Me the Baby is taking over......

".....an intuitive feeling I have about the kid....."

Guess he sees something intangible he likes in Levi. Would be nice to stumble upon some good luck for once.

At this point Im in favor of cutting Trent, staring Fitz, and making Brohm and Levi 2 and 3 respectively.

Done.

Now onto the rest of the crap.

I'll talk to you about Levi in three years or so.

Remember how Trent had "poise"? Now, Levi "seems confident and not overwhelmed by the game."

None of that means squat. Nor does the fact that after one preseason game, "Brown has the psychological makeup to improve and master the nuances of playing QB in this league."

Talk to you in three years.

Levi can only be considered as a developmental project at this point. Playing at Troy he wasn't exactly facing the best college players around. And you don't want to overwhelm the kid at this stage in his career. Especially behind the kind of porous OL the Bills have... And as others have pointed out he didn't look all that great the other night playing against Washington's 3rd stringers either... And it was only the 1st Preseason game...

I'll talk to you about Levi in three years or so.

Remember how Trent had "poise"? Now, Levi "seems confident and not overwhelmed by the game."

None of that means squat. Nor does the fact that after one preseason game, "Brown has the psychological makeup to improve and master the nuances of playing QB in this league."

Talk to you in three years.

I never thought trent had poise, I just hoped he did. With this post I'm not saying have Levi start right now... I'm just saying.

I wasnt parsing his performance for a "scrap of promise," rather I was trying to show evidence in his very limited performance in the game to support an intuitive feeling I have about the kid.

Im not desperate of panicking, I just realize that none of our trio has what it takes.

It looks to me that Levi might be legit, he has the most swagger of any QB since Flutie, who was the last QB of this team that I really liked.

Trent is not a real football player, he is a golfer (like me).

Fitz has the heart but not enough talent.

Brohm is Maverick after Goose died.

Where did you see this swagger?