Injury Update Jackson/Lynch

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...t-46-weeks.html

Jackson is out 4-6 weeks with a broken bone in his left hand. Lynch is out 3-4 weeks with a sprained ankle. Joique Bell and Chad Simpson just saw their chances of making the team go up considerably.

I am confident in Spiller as a runner but this hurts our pass protection even more.

Rookies tend to struggle picking up blitzes.

I thought most here would wish for the top 2 QBs to go down. :wallbash:

I still have hope for Edwards -- his first drive was nice...

Oh you mean the drive where it was 3rd and 13 and he checked down to Lynch coming out of the backfield? Yeah that was real nice.

The door is wide open for Lynch to redeem himself. Looks like FJ will miss one or two games.

I would agree with you if Lynch was unhurt. If Lynch is out 2 - 3 weeks he will miss the rest of preseason and have no opportunity to redeem anything. Spiller and the the rest will be prepped to carry the load Week 1. If Lynch is lucky he will get a serious chance to contribute Week 2 just before Jackson comes back in Week 3. Just my guess.

Weeks:

1. Aug 22nd

2. Aug 29th.

3. Sept 5th

4. Sept 12th Opening Day.

My gut tells me Jackson suits up and plays on opening day. You can't hold that motha down.

It would be different if it was another part of the body, but a RB can't be a RB if he can't hold onto the ball! Sorry, no tape or cast is going to help a RB hold the ball with a broken hand.

So, if they say 4-6 weeks, it probably will be at least that. If he comes back too soon, he could re-brake it or fumble a lot. They will not take any chances until he is 100%, especially with Lynch and Spiller on the team. They will take their time.

On a side note, this basically kicks down the door for Spiller to come in and be the Starter opening day. If Lynch is out 3 weeks or so, that basically means he won't touch the ball again in the Preseason. This means Spiller will get all the work with the starters and Gailey seems like the type of coach that will not play guys ahead of other guys if they don't do the work (injured or not). So, if Spiller does well, and Lynch can't get back by the 4th Preseason game (at least), expect Spiller to start if he is healthy week 1. All of a sudden Lynch and Jackson might be 2 and 3 on the depth chart instead of 1 and 2. Going to be very interesting, especially if Spiller comes out and lights it up the next few weeks. He has every chance in the world now to be the Starter opening day. Let's go Spiller (and stay healthy, by the way!!!!

It would be different if it was another part of the body, but a RB can't be a RB if he can't hold onto the ball! Sorry, no tape or cast is going to help a RB hold the ball with a broken hand.

So, if they say 4-6 weeks, it probably will be at least that. If he comes back too soon, he could re-brake it or fumble a lot. They will not take any chances until he is 100%, especially with Lynch and Spiller on the team. They will take their time.

On a side note, this basically kicks down the door for Spiller to come in and be the Starter opening day. If Lynch is out 3 weeks or so, that basically means he won't touch the ball again in the Preseason. This means Spiller will get all the work with the starters and Gailey seems like the type of coach that will not play guys ahead of other guys if they don't do the work (injured or not). So, if Spiller does well, and Lynch can't get back by the 4th Preseason game (at least), expect Spiller to start if he is healthy week 1. All of a sudden Lynch and Jackson might be 2 and 3 on the depth chart instead of 1 and 2. Going to be very interesting, especially if Spiller comes out and lights it up the next few weeks. He has every chance in the world now to be the Starter opening day. Let's go Spiller (and stay healthy, by the way!!!!

Easy, tiger. Take it to the bank: barring trade, either Lynch or Jackson will be the #1 opening day.