What is the correlation between Birthers and Truthers

Birthers and Truthers  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is more retarded

• The Truthers
    • Birthers
    • They're equally retarded
    • I think they both raise valid points

As neither a birther nor truther, I don't get too caught up in those debates but for entirely different reasons. In the case of truthers I just can't wrap my mind around the idea that the government (presumably "bi-partisan") conspired to destroy the country's financial hub in such dramatic fashion, hid the would be passengers of those planes, invented a detailed list of highjackers who appear to have been real people who are no more, made Al Queada and Afghanistan the patsy, convinced Bin Ladin and crew to take responsiblility, all so they could first invade Afghanistan as a smoke screen to achieve the ultimate goal of invading Iraq using a tenuous connection to 9/11 all to settle a family vendetta and save a few bucks on oil. And they got away with it all. Sorry, it sounds !@#$ing stupid.

With the birthers, I don't see any good out of proving Obama wasn't born in the country. He's already the President, do we really want Biden to step in anyway, and how's that going to effect race relations? If we knew for sure he was born in Kenya then yes, oust him, but we don't so let it go.

My biggest problem is drawing an equivalence between the two. Subscribing to the scenario I first described is retarded. I'm not sure being sceptical of whether or not Obama's fibbing about his birthplace quite fits the same catagory. Admittedly I haven't followed this story, because I don't give a ****, but is there any reason to believe with total certainty that Obama is American born, or is it just one of those "Come on, man" kind of things?

As neither a birther nor truther, I don't get too caught up in those debates but for entirely different reasons. In the case of truthers I just can't wrap my mind around the idea that the government (presumably "bi-partisan") conspired to destroy the country's financial hub in such dramatic fashion, hid the would be passengers of those planes, invented a detailed list of highjackers who appear to have been real people who are no more, made Al Queada and Afghanistan the patsy, convinced Bin Ladin and crew to take responsiblility, all so they could first invade Afghanistan as a smoke screen to achieve the ultimate goal of invading Iraq using a tenuous connection to 9/11 all to settle a family vendetta and save a few bucks on oil. And they got away with it all. Sorry, it sounds !@#$ing stupid.

With the birthers, I don't see any good out of proving Obama wasn't born in the country. He's already the President, do we really want Biden to step in anyway, and how's that going to effect race relations? If we knew for sure he was born in Kenya then yes, oust him, but we don't so let it go.

My biggest problem is drawing an equivalence between the two. Subscribing to the scenario I first described is retarded. I'm not sure being sceptical of whether or not Obama's fibbing about his birthplace quite fits the same catagory. Admittedly I haven't followed this story, because I don't give a ****, but is there any reason to believe with total certainty that Obama is American born, or is it just one of those "Come on, man" kind of things?

Yes, his birth was published in two Hawaiian newspapers.

It doesn't !@#$ing matter. He's a natural-born US citizen, no matter WHERE he was born. :wallbash:

Yes, I know, but your argument starts that whole bit about how his mother wasn't old enough. Which is also false, so I try to cut to the chase, there is no way it is believable they faked his birth and planted stories in the newspaper. Just not credible.

Yes, I know, but your argument starts that whole bit about how his mother wasn't old enough. Which is also false, so I try to cut to the chase, there is no way it is believable they faked his birth and planted stories in the newspaper. Just not credible.

I guess you've never watched the Manchurian Candidate?

This conversation of where Obama was born is ridiculous because anyone in the know knows that Obama is the clone of Egyptian Pharaoh Akhenaten and was never born just created by science and a occult ritual called the Babylon working- geezz I wish people on this board would get a clue.

So you want to claim it was a far reaching conspiracy starting back in 61?

People wouldn't care if he were governing well. He isn't, so everything is questioned. The thought of waiting to 2013 or OMFG 2017 to be rid of him is painful. We need a way to end the nightmare sooner. Space alien kidnappers might be our only hope.

I just don't understand why this is so secretive ?

what happened to the most transparent administration in history?

seriously... you can't even produce a birth certificate.. an increadibly basic document but one that is essential to become president...

the whole thing just seems very shady to me.

I just don't understand why this is so secretive ?

what happened to the most transparent administration in history?

seriously... you can't even produce a birth certificate.. an increadibly basic document but one that is essential to become president...

the whole thing just seems very shady to me.

That is what you got out of this thread? Seriously?

Aside from the fact that it's COMPLETELY !@#$ING IRRELEVENT and not essential to become president...

They did produce it. The birthers said "Produce a certified copy." So the State of Hawaii did. And the birthers said "That's faked. Show us the original." So they did. And the birthers said "That's faked..." :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest difference is the size of the two movements. The birthers are a huge chunk of the Republican party, whereas the so-called truthers are a lot smaller and not really affiliated with either party.