Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Dr. Fong

I have heard positive reviews from most people. Even though I am not a fan of Michael Cera, I have liked director Edgar Wright's previous features: Shaun of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz.

I just might have to check this one out.

I enjoyed it. I thought the video game and anime touch to the fight scenes were fun. Visually I thought it was very creative using gaming graphics, split screens and so on. Had a nice subtle sense of humor to it. Liked how all the characters in it were kind of quirky and unique. Including the 7 X's who seemed well cast! I could say the same for the rest of the cast as well. I have kind of lost interest in Cera lately as he always seems to play the same guy. He was a little different in this I suppose but not really stretching . But, my wife hated it. I don't think she appreciated the pop culture tie ins.

For me

Unique,, visually captivating, fun characters, nice pace 8/10 :lol:

A quick question for those of you that have seen this already. What drew you to seeing it? Were you familiar with the comic series ahead of time? I ask because I've never heard of it and the previews don't look the least bit appealing to me. I'm curious about what the draw is here.

A quick question for those of you that have seen this already. What drew you to seeing it? Were you familiar with the comic series ahead of time? I ask because I've never heard of it and the previews don't look the least bit appealing to me. I'm curious about what the draw is here.

I group of guys asked me to go with them. And it was 100 degrees outside so the cool theater was appealing to me. :wallbash:

Being a comic book nerd I definitely had heard of the comic series prior to seeing the movie, but had never read the series. I probably would not have seen it in the theater as I was a bit lukewarm based on the previews and really wasn't that into seeing it. My friend, however, really wanted to see it and I had nothing better to do so I agreed to go. I was glad I did. It was funny, visually appealing, and a unique story and presentation.

Unlike some people, I like Michael Cera even though he always seems to play the same character in every movie. I've never seen the comic series before.

I like Michael Cera even though he always seems to play the same character in every movie.

You know certain actors seem to get labeled with this, but realistically how many actors out there don't just play the same character in every movie?

Despite all the positive reviews, very few people were interested in seeing it, as it only took in 10 million this weekend. Future does not look good.

Dang, there goes "Scott Pilgrim vs. the Galaxy."