Last night's game

While the outcome was not what I was hoping for, I did see something to build off of.

QB's - Trent was given many opportunitys but never came through. When he was given the call for the long ball he failed. He never look comfortable and was always checking down. If he is going to be the starter, they need to give him more ins, outs, and slants to work with. Ryan got more comfortable as he played and started to look comfortable. Didn't get to see enough of Levi Brown but he has a lively arm I would like to see more of. Love to see him get 1st or 2nd team reps. Brian Brohm? My thoughts were 4 qb's, each should have got a qtr.

RB's - They all looked good and seemed to be the strong point. If running sets things up they need to work a little more with it. Not usre why the starters got hurt, but is their work needed there?

WR's - Lee Evans looked good as did Steve Johnson. I thought Steve looked the better of the two. The one thing they all need to do though is to remember to help the QB out. If there are going to be check downs, and I think they see it, give the qb a target. Coaching needs to see this.

TE's - Stupar looked good but didn't see much else. Your call.

OL - Young guys still learning but they need to man up some. Too many starters mising to give any kind of praise or not.

DL - New to positions. Dwan Edwards looked good but is familiar with it. Stroud needs to show more. The DT's had good penetration at times but need to be more heads up.

LB's - if one makes the team it should be #50 Woods. Guy was all over the place. Maybin showed great potential but has to learn he can't bull rush. Spin, rip and tear and other things need to be used by him. Used head and speed, his muscle will not get it done.

CB's - what some were claiming is our strong point was weak. They looked good in camp, int's - pbu's - and such (perhaps our qb's really suck) but got in the game and choked. Terrence McGee and Reggie Corner got burned at least 3 times apiece. Florence looked good as well as McKelvin. Youboty should be 4th not 5th. Byrd looked good and Whitner has to play more physical.I don't know if George Wilson knew where he was.

Did not pay much attention to others. Lindell and Moorman looked good but if you can punt a ball 60 yards try to get some hangtime. 50 and less of a return is good. Do not outkick your coverage.

Coaching - I liked what I saw. When players came off the field Chan was getting on them. Good to see. Let them know who is in charger and what is expected. A good building block but until the qb's get it into gear, there is no hope.