Happy VJ Day

/dev/null

1945? MTV didn't go on air, using VJs, until 1981. I can't even believe there is a special day for them. :beer:

OH...wait. I see now.

Thanks and congrats to our remaining WWII vets! This day is far more worthy than the one for the MTV VJs.

1945? MTV didn't go on air, using VJs, until 1981. I can't even believe there is a special day for them. :beer:

OH...wait. I see now.

Thanks and congrats to our remaining WWII vets! This day is far more worthy than the one for the MTV VJs.

I was thinking / was a big MTV dork. But MTV doesn't even use music videos any more. So, maybe he watches Fuse instead.

Nonetheless, this might be /'s VD day to celebrate the night he had a threesome with the two trannies :P

2010 translation:

"That sailor needs POSH (prevention of sexual harrassment) training!"

I jest, I jest... Of course today that is how it would be viewed... :wallbash:

Yeah, I've thought the same thing.

Yeah, I've thought the same thing.

There is a story behind the photo... I am not sure how it goes, but i think it isn't what it is all cracked up to show... I am pretty sure, even back in that they day, they "spun" the story behind that image.

Anybody know the story??...

Maybe I am wrong about this??

2010 translation:

"That sailor needs POSH (prevention of sexual harrassment) training!"

I jest, I jest... Of course today that is how it would be viewed... :D

Here's the perv:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnlyinAmerica/st...2191&page=1

And this broad claims she was the victim:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bootbearwdc/2526667662/

:wallbash:

There is a story behind the photo... I am not sure how it goes, but i think it isn't what it is all cracked up to show... I am pretty sure, even back in that they day, they "spun" the story behind that image.

Anybody know the story??...

Maybe I am wrong about this??

I think you might be mixing that up with the famous Iwo Jima flag raising. They had already raised the flag, but had to go up there again to get the picture!

I think you might be mixing that up with the famous Iwo Jima flag raising. They had already raised the flag, but had to go up there again to get the picture!

It is the second raising of a larger flag that became the iconic photo.

It is the second raising of a larger flag that became the iconic photo.

And not just for the photo op; "they" (forget who, but it was someone up the chain of command) wanted a bigger flag raised that could be seen from the beach.